• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY Purifi Amp builds

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
there is a new nCore redesign/clone available. $74 for 1 channel.
measurements in the video:

Mario Soldier

Hallo guys,iam a nebwbie so far. I managed assemly two ncore nc400 with nc 400 and smps 600 in a GX 288 case.
Ans also two evali2 with smps 1200 (mono) in two custom cases..And also some icepower amps, ASC 300, ASC 700 and SMPS 1200 1/2 in a ghent case..

My Question is , is ist possible to power up two evali1 (stero) with one SMPs 1200400 .)for atmos setup, need not much power.

And also is it possivbe to power up an eval 2 with a smsp600 (mono) ,for center chanel.

Using this.

Counterclockwise.

Connect the smps where normaly the nc 400 get connectet and using the eval 2 where normaly the smps 1200400 would connected.

Thanks.

In the bottom i use a 5mm thick alu plate plus the 3 mm from the case, and wherethe power supply connects the front plate i use thermo adhesive.
At the sides i use 0,5mm lexan and at the bottom capton tape

Rewgards Mario

Attachments

• DSC03950.JPG
    DSC03950.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Vavilen

I purchased the Neurochrome input buffer for my VTV Purifi amp that came with the stock Hypex input buffer after seeing some good reviews about it from a YouTuber. It took me a couple of days to get the input buffers working in the amp. I did some rewiring and had to change some jumper setting on the Hypex SMPS1200 power supply board. Tom from Neurochrome helped me troubleshoot and fixed the problem. I spent many hours listening after the upgrade and I was blown away by the difference between this and the default Hypex input buffer. The soundstage is much bigger. The instruments and vocals sound "live" with micro detail and separation I have never heard before. This upgrade is a good match for my system. I am very happy with the service and buffer board from Neurochrome. Now I have to get back to my listening session...
Hi @masterklee ! Are you from Europe? If yes, how did you pay taxes for Canadian Neurochrome?

daniboun

Major Contributor
I purchased the Neurochrome input buffer for my VTV Purifi amp that came with the stock Hypex input buffer after seeing some good reviews about it from a YouTuber. It took me a couple of days to get the input buffers working in the amp. I did some rewiring and had to change some jumper setting on the Hypex SMPS1200 power supply board. Tom from Neurochrome helped me troubleshoot and fixed the problem. I spent many hours listening after the upgrade and I was blown away by the difference between this and the default Hypex input buffer. The soundstage is much bigger. The instruments and vocals sound "live" with micro detail and separation I have never heard before. This upgrade is a good match for my system. I am very happy with the service and buffer board from Neurochrome. Now I have to get back to my listening session...

That does not surprise me. Neurochrome Buffers are very well constructed. The measurements speak for themselves. You support my observation)

Mario Soldier

Hi @masterklee ! Are you from Europe? If yes, how did you pay taxes for Canadian Neurochrome?

Hi ,i ordered this, couse i will have two stereo purifi (with the origininal buffer) but only with one power supply couse iu need not the power for the atmois speakers(they are yamaha NS 100 mounted on the ceiling)

Problem with the neurochrome buffer was for me that i must use the smps in regulated mode(couse it has no onboard regulators),

For me as a newbie it where a good option if neurochromne would sell the buffers with the opotional regulators....

Also im not sure if i can power up the purifi mono with an smps600 , so i think i will use a nc400 instead.

Yes iam from germany, just 80 km away from boxenm audio i think.

An other option would be the nord or the >VTV buffer couse they have the regulators (iam to stupid to connec correctly.

Regards Mario

Mario Soldier

That does not surprise me. Neurochrome Buffers are very well constructed. The measurements speak for themselves. You support my observation)

Perhaps tom can me sell buffers with already installed regulators?

I have more than enough cables lying arround.

Iam alo thinky of making an adapter for the ghent cables (https://neurochrome.com/collections/connectors-parts/products/hypex-smps-splitter aux, amp enable, and dc shut off)-

My< first amp was this https://www.ghentaudio.com/kit/asc200-ac200.html with the 300 modules-

But for the little module without smps you have no chance connect the DC fault.

Also i bought some Ice 1200 AS1/2 , 3 of them are now broken.

Seller sayy (ebay) this is the foult of my wall outlet!!!!!

" broken 1200 AS1 i have lying arround one is completly dead one makes a strage sound but leed is on.

I have may modules 700 AS1 an 700AS2 , 300 As1 an 300 AS . 125 AS2 . Never had problems with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!For years

Also i have 3 Pascal https://www.pascal-audio.com/product/s-pro2/

Never had problems, i also have an emotiva 300 Basx.
And i Crown 1502 and a Thomann https://www.thomann.de/de/the_t.amp_quadro_500_dsp.htm.

Also never had Problems, and an Old Yamaha P4500 without Problems......

I send one of the broken modules to italy, hetold me icepower has said the problem was not comming from the module.......

Very Strage thing... only the 1200 modules brake.....( and there was only connected main, speaker and input).

Attachments

• DSC03954.JPG
    DSC03954.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC03955.JPG
    DSC03955.JPG
    325.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Synergy4

Finally finished my Purifi Amplifier build.

2-1ET400A Purifi modules
2- Neurochrome Purifi 1ET400A Input Buffers
1- SMPS1200A400 Power Supply
1 - Ghent NCORE-SE(300W) Stereo Case-Kit (300x315)
1- Ghent Power supply splitter cable for SMPS1200A400
1 - 1.5mm thick Cu heat spreader plate (under the Amplifier and buffer) - This was left over material I already had.
1- FILSHU DE-14-F6 IEC320 C14 inlet with switch & fuse holder (using 12A fast blow fuse).

There is a thin Cu shield between the AC input line & the amplifier modles. There is also a thin Cu shield & Mu Metal shield between the amplifier modules and the power supply. The spacing is not optimum, but the available Ghent case already had the power supply holes drilled.

It sounds good and does not seem to generate much heat (much less heat than my old Class AB Adcom), but I don't crank up the power very high.

Some idle measurements and pictures...

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 323
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    970.4 KB · Views: 356
  • rear-top.jpg
    rear-top.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 487
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 422

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Finally finished my Purifi Amplifier build.

2-1ET400A Purifi modules
2- Neurochrome Purifi 1ET400A Input Buffers
1- SMPS1200A400 Power Supply
1 - Ghent NCORE-SE(300W) Stereo Case-Kit (300x315)
1- Ghent Power supply splitter cable for SMPS1200A400
1 - 1.5mm thick Cu heat spreader plate (under the Amplifier and buffer) - This was left over material I already had.
1- FILSHU DE-14-F6 IEC320 C14 inlet with switch & fuse holder (using 12A fast blow fuse).

There is a thin Cu shield between the AC input line & the amplifier modles. There is also a thin Cu shield & Mu Metal shield between the amplifier modules and the power supply. The spacing is not optimum, but the available Ghent case already had the power supply holes drilled.

It sounds good and does not seem to generate much heat (much less heat than my old Class AB Adcom), but I don't crank up the power very high.

Some idle measurements and pictures...
Nice work. That's quite some power you have there. If you don't mind, how much would this cost if components/case were purchased separately? I'd love to have that much Purifi power...

daniboun

Major Contributor

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company

daniboun

Major Contributor
I believe one must invert the inputs and outputs on one channel to use the 3k supply

I see in the Andy T's blog that he is using the SMPS3KA400 / Neurochrome Buffers in most of his Purifi Projets (2 channels / 4 channels / 5 channels) without any issue...

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thanks for sharing this important info )

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One wonders if Andy is aware of this and has made the appropriate changes. He doesn't seem to mention this rather important detail on his blog posts.

Top Bottom