• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY Hypex NC252MP Build (6 channel)

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I was able to snag some Hypex NC252MP modules for cheap and decided to build an amplifier for my Surrounds and Atmos. Got most of the parts but need a little help with a part and some wiring questions.

For power, I will be using a switched IEC outlet (10A rating) and a 10A 6x30mm Fuse Holder. I will then add a 3.5mm mono jack for 12v trigger control from my Monoprice HTP-1. But I need suggestions for a good 12v trigger relay. I was going to get this one but after looking at a DIY thread on AVS, I saw that when another user tried it, it didn't hold up for more than a day. And it has also been pointed out that the contact traces on it are fairly small, so it's doubtful it can handle the 250V/10A specification listed.

So my big question: any suggestions for a proper 12V trigger relay? The HTP-1 outputs up to 50mA per trigger out.

Thanks all!

I'd also be willing to compensate someone for their expertise to make sure I do this build right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom