• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Distortion when streaming via Bluetooth from Audirvana

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m having noticeable distortion while streaming via Bluetooth from a MacBook to my new DX7 Pro DAC. See the attached files for FR at 1 khz via USB (no distortion) and BT (obvious distortion). The distortion is basically the same frequencies (not harmonic) when tested at other input frequencies. I also don’t have this problem via Bluetooth using YouTube - only Audirvana. I have also tried turning off my Wi-Fi router and Wi-Fi on my laptop: No change. I have the latest Audirvana 3.5.24 (3554). It’s upsampling 16/44.1 to 24/48 and I have no options to change it. Thanks for your ideas.
20191022_191905.jpg20191022_191715.jpg

Tks

Major Contributor
Could this be a case where the upsampling process is causing an issue? Or simply Audirvana itself?

OP
MediumRare

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Could this be a case where the upsampling process is causing an issue? Or simply Audirvana itself?
I don't know. I haven't seen an option to change that setting within Audirvana. Maybe there is a setting in the DX7. I can't look until the weekend so if anybody know would be helpful.

Top Bottom