• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Display for a Streamer using RPi4B & DigiOne Signature

bkarl

I'm attempting to assemble a streamer using RPi4B and the Allo DigiOne Signature Hat. I think I will use Volumio. I will assemble the hardware in a box with a low noise Power Supply for the RPi and a battery supply for the clean side of the DigiOne. I would like to add a small OLED capacitive display on the front of the box. Size ideally 2.4-2.8-in but I might be able to squeeze in a 3.5-in if that would be better from a connectivity point of view. I have no clue how I should best interface a display like this with the RPi4 and the HAT. Most available displays are shown mounted directly (as a HAT) to the RPi and this will not work as I already have the DigiOne mounted.

I would be very happy if I could get some recommendations for suitable display and how to physically connect it to the RPi (and also how to make it work with Volumio).

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
The only display I've used with any of the audio players is the official 7" one. Presumably you've looked at tutorials like this for a 3.5" display - several came up when I searched for volumio pi screen. Most hats have documentation about which pins they're using (probably SPI, maybe i2c or some gpio), and you can use one of the many breakout boards and/or stacking headers. This could let you stack both, or use wires or a ribbon cable to connect one (probably the screen) somewhere more convenient.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I have different solutions. Of course I have the official 7" touch LCD, but this time play a lot with LCD 2*16 of 4*20 using I2C. The little oldes screen are to small or too expansive. I bough a 2.4" LCD but not started to play with it (not sure to be able to do something because I want to use an Orange Pi Zero 2 and for the moment there is no Armbian for it, old kernel bla bla bla).

Anyway, when I buy a screen I want you to be sure there is no specific driver from the seller, it means there is no guarantee I will be able to use it with the next version of the system.

EastConcept

I'd recommend the official 7" screen + the SmartiPi Touch 2 case with large 35mm back cover which would accommodate the DigiOne Signature

Top Bottom