• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Directiva r1 speaker build

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For the holidays, the r1 prototypes had been stored on my table saw. As would like to use both soon, have moved the speakers to my test bench. They do not match currently as one had been fitted with better mounting hardware. Am also planning to do a vinyl wrap so they need to be painted. Given all this, the cabinets have been gutted. I have also decided to give them passive crossovers. I expect to have the parts before the end of the week.

I am still sitting on the aluminum Purifi woofer and some cherry veneered cabinets. So these need to get used too…

Finally, with the r2 prototype out of my hands, once the r1 prototype is wrapped up, am thinking it is time for another chapter in the Directiva project. Stay tuned as I am pondering how to cost reduce r1 but still get decent performance.:)

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Was just sizing up cabinet options and noticed the Denovo one is no longer available at Parts Express.

Anyone hear why that might be?

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think Eric H is no longer supplying their CNCd cabs.

There have been replacement subwoofer knock-downs as new items in stock, so maybe this will be something that will come back.

Top Bottom