• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Direct streaming Tidal MQA via main stream streamer

mulmul

Hi I'm a newbie to the DACs and streamers. I've subscribed to Tidal Hi-fi plus and would like to stream (not to download) those MQA Hi-Res music to my home gear for listening.

After checking for many products that are affordable to me, the followings that can fully decode MQA and have streaming capabilities:
  • SMSL DP5
  • Topping D70S
  • Matrix Audio Mini-I Pro 3
So for the above, are they can directly 'plug & play': plug a network cable and then stream Tidal MQA and decode and output via RCA? Since reading the spec or posts from SMSL & Topping, it only supports stream and decode MQA via USB? For MA, it requires Roon which I don't know why...

In that case, for all above products, is that I must have a computer to open the Tidal app natively and then feed that MQA stream via USB to those products? Are there any other means? Please advise.

Thank you so much.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
3 points:

1. Life becomes far less complex if you dont bother about MQA, save $10 a month and go for "normal" Tidal Hifi.
2. I dont know about the other 2 but the D70S aint a streamer- no network connections
3, If you do end up going PC to DAC and keep with MQA, the Tidal app can do the first MQA unfold (to 88/96 khz) and send to ANY DAC. forget the second unfold.

albertoaviana

Conseguir gravar MQA perfeito via Tidal, arquivos em 192khz, 88.2khz, 96khz, 352.8 muito perfeito a qualidade do som, tenho sacd, dsd, mas o MQA eu gostei muito mais
creio que a edição do Tidal foi que melhorou muito a musica, tenho um player AP80 PRO X da hidizs e um dac NX4 Topping muito show.

Top Bottom