• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Wishlist

GimeDsp

I have a DDRC-24 from mini DSP and it's using Dirac 3.1.1

Now before you say "bring up this at miniDSP forum" and such, I figured it would be best to compile a bigger user request list before going to them. and if no one else has suggestions then that's cool too.

Here is what I wish they would have so far:

1. Disable auto-delay settings on inputs. Dirac gets this wrong for me all the time and there is no good way to bypass it that I know of. If you know a way then please let me know.

2. Flatness target curve. If I am going to run Dirac I would like to see the different results with different flatness curve.

3. Disable "boosts". I would like to run Dirac full range but without it boosting anything.

As of now I see Dirac as a toy that gets bad results because of these issues. Simple addictions however would make it much more adaptable.
And yes, I know, MANY people love their Dirac, that's great, I am just speaking of my results.
I have good working knowledge of all things DSP having worked with Peavey and the Nion systems besides miniDSP stuff.

Top Bottom