• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live PC version - Active Crossovers

Krillin

Does the PC version of Dirac Live allow for speaker crossovers? I can't find any mention of it in their User Manual other than subwoofer crossovers. I have a PC card that can output up to 16 channels with AES/EBU.

Acourate has this capability however is much more complex. Would it be an improvement over Dirac considering my setup is for both music, movies, and games? I'm concerned that for my use it won't be any better than the Dirac hybrid aproach because of the delay of FIR linear phase crossovers. I do have a very fast modern PC

OP
Krillin

Krillin

No it does not. Crossovers have to happen upstream (somehow?)
That super sucks and it would be expensive to have two MiniDSP DDRC-88D's. Which would have a lower sample rate, it uses the same processor as my DDRC-22D (so possibly less FIR filters, unconfirmed).

That leaves me with either Acourate or Audiolense. Is there a preference between the two and is one faster than the other in regards to delay of the convolver for linear phase?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That super sucks and it would be expensive to have two MiniDSP DDRC-88D's. Which would have a lower sample rate, it uses the same processor as my DDRC-22D (so I assume less FIR filters).

That leaves me with either Acourate or Audiolense. Is there a preference between the two and is one faster than the other in regards to delay of the convolver for linear phase?
Not really, DIRAC is more or less the same regardless of processing power.

OP
Krillin

Krillin

It is convolver's that result in delay of the signal when using linear phase FIR filters if I'm not mistaken.

What about 0ms latency convolver's such as Bernt's Audiolense Convolver or the Hang Loose Convolver. Is that 0ms only for switching between filters to determine what sounds best? Or can I throw a lot more linear phase FIR filters at them without encountering lip sync delay when watching movies or playing games.

seymourabaron

Hi All
I am amazed at the level of involvement that guys have made to this site and appreciate the great positive attitude.
I am also having issues with dirac 3 .2.2 version on pc with NAD c399 with blos.
i have done hundred of tests and microphone placements only to find find result underwhelming.
Maybe I should describe the system.
C399 to 6 driver vertical array with ribbon tweeter. [Eoss sound pole] upper mid highs 200hz to upper
pre out to class d 1000dsp to AR classic model 18 8" woofer driver midbass 100-250 midbass
sub out to class d 3000dsp to 15" peerless sub 8" vc sub bass 25- 50hz
sound very lifelike and extended bass.
listen to all kinds of music but mainly smooth jazz.
any out takes anyone might have, i have achieved some satisfaction by adjusting the curve with but 30db gain but
is this what's required to get some deep bass?

thanks in advance
seymour

Top Bottom