• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live - Did the full version install?

HHG

Perhaps someone can help a newbie out here: I purchased and activated the license for the full version of Dirac Live. However when I run a clean instal of the software I'm not prompted to enter the license key. How can I determine if I'm using my older free version of the program or if I'm running the full version? Should this be obvious somewhere?
Thanks in advance

Golfx

Forum Donor

Fillius

Forum Donor
Thanks its really for an NAD but its a generic question related to Dirac
From memory, before I paid for the full version I couldn't set the upper limit higher than 500Hz on the filter design screen. Are you able to?

I think the licence is tied to your account/login, not the install.

OP
H

HHG

From memory, before I paid for the full version I couldn't set the upper limit higher than 500Hz on the filter design screen. Are you able to?

I think the licence is tied to your account/login, not the install.

I can see from 10 to 200 khz in filter design as shown below. So still not sure what I have.

Thanks
Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 5.51.53 PM.png

Fillius

Forum Donor
I can see from 10 to 200 khz in filter design as shown below. So still not sure what I have.

Thanks
View attachment 274748
Both versions will measure and display the graph above 500Hz, but only the full version will let you correct it.

I think the measurements are the same, so you shouldn't have to re-do them if it turns out you're not on the full version when you get to the filter design screen. If you save the project, you can just load it again once you've sorted the license.

OP
H

HHG

Both versions will measure and display the graph above 500Hz, but only the full version will let you correct it.

I think the measurements are the same, so you shouldn't have to re-do them if it turns out you're not on the full version when you get to the filter design screen. If you save the project, you can just load it again once you've sorted the license.
I got it! I had the software on an older MacBook. Brought up the program on it without logging in. On that device no correction above 500hz. On the new MBP I can see the measurements above 500, and I can edit in that region. Haven’t uploaded any new filters yet, will do that today. Hopefully I will be able to hear an actual difference
Thanks again, very helpful!

OP
H

HHG

i tried dirac live few nights ago , didn't get far with it . personally i think its load of rubbish on my stormaudio elite mkIII 32 and i won't ever use or the stormaudio rubbish 20 band Eq is a laugh and joke , 20 bands per channel , is stormaudio taking the piss ? what no 32 bands or even , lets say , lets make it 200 bands per channel , i know how about 360 bands , i mean my CB radio has 360 channels plus between the bands with kc shift , this avp avr today are a joke for Eq , how about 20,000 filters per channel
Huh???

Reactions: EJ3
Top Bottom