• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live Curtain Question

srslee

I recently ran Dirac on my NAD M10 V2 (with pre-outs going to McIntosh MC462 to KEF Blade 2s) with the NAD RoomFeel target curve. The results have been outstanding as far as my ear is concerned, but had some questions regarding the curtain range. On DIrac's tutorial, they do not recommend going beyond the detected frequency range. In my case, that is 25.4hz, but I have also heard forum members saying that you should not go beyond the natural roll-off which is closer to 30hz in this case. I have attached screenshots of 2 filters, 25.4 - 15.4k & 29.5 - 2k hz, for reference. Should I limit the range further for better results? As it stands, I prefer the 29.5 - 2k hz curtain filter, but wondering if I can do something better to achieve better results, or if I should limit the lower frequency range further. What would you recommend?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 2.png
    2.png
    174 KB · Views: 176

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I recently ran Dirac on my NAD M10 V2 (with pre-outs going to McIntosh MC462 to KEF Blade 2s) with the NAD RoomFeel target curve. The results have been outstanding as far as my ear is concerned, but had some questions regarding the curtain range. On DIrac's tutorial, they do not recommend going beyond the detected frequency range. In my case, that is 25.4hz, but I have also heard forum members saying that you should not go beyond the natural roll-off which is closer to 30hz in this case. I have attached screenshots of 2 filters, 25.4 - 15.4k & 29.5 - 2k hz, for reference. Should I limit the range further for better results? As it stands, I prefer the 29.5 - 2k hz curtain filter, but wondering if I can do something better to achieve better results, or if I should limit the lower frequency range further. What would you recommend?
Try all 3 options and listen. Pick the one you like.

Top Bottom