• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

AudioKC

Hi music and movies lovers.

Context: Dirac Live IMO is the best room correction / smart EQ tool available now. https://www.dirac.com/live/studio-audio-for-creatives/

Stereo license allows you to run Dirac Live Processor as an app on your PC/MAC (exactly what I'm doing).

Now, Dirac Live also has an high-end option for Bass Control (to crossover / phase management / eq of multiple subs) to merge it within room and mains for stereo. This option available only with high-end and pricy integrated amps and processors.

I asked support for clarification, how I can use it with my app, now it is impossible, but upgrade coming this year for Dirac Live Stereo setup, only what we need now, multichannel DAC (topping / miniDSP quite affordable options)

It will be a Christmas present for myself indeed :D

1663688147511.png

OP
AudioKC

AudioKC

Keened

Forum Donor
I suspect it will coincide with their release of Direct Unison (or whatever they're calling it now) since the framework for multi-channel constructive/destructive interference is pretty much the DLBC framework anyways. Maybe they shock the market with DLBC bundled into the price and then upsell full frequency multi-speaker integration.

Either way, I'm here for it.

Ciobi69

I don't understand,i have a nad 758v3i will it possible to do the upgrade to bass control feature? I hope it !

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is huge news. :D

It's a good time to be an audiophile, since consumers are finally getting the features that we want from manufacturers (case in point, Denon X3800H with 4 independent subwoofer outs, MiniDSP Flex, multichannel DACs, etc).

It really is. I can't remember ever having this number of options and toys to choose from that deliver excellent features and capabilities.

MCH

Major Contributor
What was dirac answer referring to? The standalone pc version only or everything from minidsp devices to AVRs? Would that be up to, for instance, minidsp?
Would the upgrade be even possible for anything dirac capable?

Music1969

Major Contributor
OP
AudioKC

AudioKC

What was dirac answer referring to? The standalone pc version only or everything from minidsp devices to AVRs? Would that be up to, for instance, minidsp?
Would the upgrade be even possible for anything dirac capable?

Standard Dirac Live Processor for MAC/PC. But it will require multichannel dac, see the original answer.

Reactions: MCH
OP
AudioKC

AudioKC

So it will be limited to 2 x subs ?

Stereo version with Bass Control won't work for 4 subs ? @Flak

Say I have 6-channel USB DAC.

No, there is at least 4 subs available, as I understood. But I didn’t ask directly how many subs are supported. We need to wait and see. No upgrade required, standard stereo dirac live license shall include that upgrade.

james57

No, there is at least 4 subs available, as I understood. But I didn’t ask directly how many subs are supported. We need to wait and see. No upgrade required, standard stereo dirac live license shall include that upgrade.
So for a 2.1 setup with a shd, it could look like dirac 1 L, dirac 2 R and dirac 3 sub. would the shd be equal to glm for genelec sam monitors.. coming from an interested prospect :)

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I suspect it will coincide with their release of Direct Unison (or whatever they're calling it now) since the framework for multi-channel constructive/destructive interference is pretty much the DLBC framework anyways. Maybe they shock the market with DLBC bundled into the price and then upsell full frequency multi-speaker integration.

Either way, I'm here for it.
I hope so too...

dlaloum

Major Contributor
If that is an upgrade applied to Dirac Live, then will it automatically extend to ALL Dirac Live implementations (including AVR's)?

Obviously some limitations based on whether there are additional sub channels or not...

theyellowspecial

Forum Donor
If you have a PC you can already accomplish this with Dirac by manually mapping channels and creating crossovers in external software, both in VST or dedicated driver mode. Bonus is there's an abundance of cheap sound cards to utilize, many with ASIO and above average performance.

Jorgitok

May be somebody can help to understand. With this new feature, Bass Control will be available in a streamer, NAD M10, stereo with sub out? Thanks

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any news on this? Do we know a price yet?

Top Bottom