• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

MarcosCh

Major Contributor
Hey @Flak sorry if already discussed. What will be the price of this? I guess one must buy the multichannel license (500$) and then buy an upgrade?
Edit: I see in post 1 that it will work with the stereo license?? How many channels then? 2.1, 2.2, 2.infinite? :D

OP
A

AudioKC

Those links are useless as a specific license is needed and one can only get it as a beta tester by contacting us on the HelpDesk....
Created a ticket with a request. Thanks for letting me know.

Flak

Industry Insider
Hey @Flak sorry if already discussed. What will be the price of this? I guess one must buy the multichannel license (500$) and then buy an upgrade?
Edit: I see in post 1 that it will work with the stereo license?? How many channels then? 2.1, 2.2, 2.infinite? :D
Sorry, the pricing structure has not been announced yet... neither has the product :)

DutchJay

Hi all,

I have a question on the standard dirac live vs bass control.

I have 5.1.4 set up. If I would run a standard version of dirac live, will it also EQ my single subwoofer for the main listening position?

Is that the difference with bass control that with bass control dirac will make sure you have good bass across mutiple seats and with standard Dirac live it is only in your seat?

Or will the standard Dirac live do nothing with your sub and focus only on the bass of your speakers?

Thanks.

sharock

Hi all,

I have a question on the standard dirac live vs bass control.

I have 5.1.4 set up. If I would run a standard version of dirac live, will it also EQ my single subwoofer for the main listening position?

Is that the difference with bass control that with bass control dirac will make sure you have good bass across mutiple seats and with standard Dirac live it is only in your seat?

Or will the standard Dirac live do nothing with your sub and focus only on the bass of your speakers?

Thanks.

Unless I'm doing something wrong (2.2 using NAD C658 with BluOS and Dirac Live), my experience is that standard DL will EQ your subwoofer's response to your desired target curve, but make no effort to integrate it nicely with the mains beyond choice of crossover frequency. So that nice little corrected graph you see in Dirac is not the reality if you actually measure with REW after correction.

This is why I'm looking forward to getting proper DLBC.

DutchJay

Unless I'm doing something wrong (2.2 using NAD C658 with BluOS and Dirac Live), my experience is that standard DL will EQ your subwoofer's response to your desired target curve, but make no effort to integrate it nicely with the mains beyond choice of crossover frequency. So that nice little corrected graph you see in Dirac is not the reality if you actually measure with REW after correction.

This is why I'm looking forward to getting proper DLBC.
Thanks for that.

What is the result of this non intergration? Can you hear it?

J.

sharock

Thanks for that.

What is the result of this non intergration? Can you hear it?

J.
I haven't saved the graphs but it seemed to introduce peaks and dips in some places that were not apparent in the Dirac corrected graph. Whether I can hear them or not is a good question. However, I am aiming for as smooth as I can get ideally when measured.

I had better results by using the 2 subs from a single output with Y-splitter, fiddling with their phase manually pre-Dirac and then correcting. I suspect DLBC will be far superior to this labour-intensive tweaking.

Kal Rubinson

Major Contributor
Industry Insider
Yes, it will EQ that sub but you are left with the task of determining the crossovers for the LFE/sub.
Not the case. The difference with BC is that it will determine/recommend optimal crossover and also attempt to optimize any crossover you choose. All versions of DL attempt to give you good bass (and good performance in general) with all speakers including the sub(s). However, adding BC, especially with multiple subs, makes it more powerful.
Nope. It works with all the speakers you have but see above.

DevinCortno

With this new Bass Control, does that mean the standalone PC app will now bass manage and use the sub on all content?

I got a 2.1 calibration working but 2.0 content (FLACs, spotify, etc.) remains in 2.0 and doesn't use the subwoofer. After setting up a crossover and switching back to the VST version (which is very annoying to setup in 2.1 I might add), I'm seeing the same suck out in the bass that @Flak just linked to as well.

DutchJay

Yes, it will EQ that sub but you are left with the task of determining the crossovers for the LFE/sub.
Thanks for your answer. So you would have to measure all speakers with REW after running Dirac to check if the crossover is OK? If not based on the response you get adjust, redo Dirac measurement and afterwards another REW measurement in the hope that it improves?

Galz

Thanks for your answer. So you would have to measure all speakers with REW after running Dirac to check if the crossover is OK? If not based on the response you get adjust, redo Dirac measurement and afterwards another REW measurement in the hope that it improves?
Not sure how it works specifically with Dirac, but normally you can manually change crossover and subwoofer delay (distance) after calibration and re-measure with REW, without needing to rerun the entire calibration. Same goes for target curve adjustments.

Kal Rubinson

Major Contributor
Industry Insider
You do not need to re-do all the measurements if you just want to make changes in crossover or target curves.

Top Bottom