• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

Jorgitok

Which devices can be used to run the DLBC?.
Already asked Dirac, but no reply yet, On requirements they just list only computer operations systems? So as long the computer is enough for any amp brand?

Jorgitok

NAD has announced it for this year on their stereo devices.
Posted on another forum to my inquiry : "As previously stated, NAD does not support DLBC. They teased it as a “coming soon” feature in August 2019 and have been dragging their feet ever since then, burning up a lot of customer goodwill in the process. I do not expect them to make it available on any existing products, including your M10."

pogo

Major Contributor
I have recently asked NAD support, also regarding DLART for my M33, and DLBC should now be rolled out this year for the stereo devices.

Jorgitok

I have recently asked NAD support, also regarding DLART for my M33, and DLBC should now be rolled out this year for the stereo devices.
I wish they didnt lie to you as they did to me on October 10th, 2021 "Through an easing of Emergency Measures along with some creative ways our QA Teams have been able to test in their home offices, we are slowly getting back on track. We hope to provide an updated timeline and get the much anticipated Dirac Bass Management system out to the C658, M33, M10 and other NAD 2 channel Dirac capable products as quickly as possible"

Flak

Industry Insider

Flak

Industry Insider
Already asked Dirac, but no reply yet, On requirements they just list only computer operations systems? So as long the computer is enough for any amp brand?
Currently, Dirac Live Bass Control is supported by certain models by Arcam, Bryston, Focal, JBL, and the Monolith HTP-1 (in alphabetical order :)), others are following.
It's also now available for standalone use where a PC or Mac is the source.

pogo

Major Contributor
Currently, Dirac Live Bass Control is supported by certain models by Arcam, Bryston, Focal, JBL, and the Monolith HTP-1 (in alphabetical order :)), others are following.
The NAD support has just written me that not only for the stereo devices DLBC will come, but also for the T778 ;)

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

How does licensing work on PC/Mac? Is it 1 license = 1 device? Or can it be shared amongst devices in any way, perhaps installed on multiple devices but only running on 1 at a time. I don't see specifics in the manual/FAQ

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's also now available for standalone use where a PC or Mac is the source
I have the newest version of Dirac Live and Dirac Live processor but cannot find Bass Control or a way to measure the sub anywhere.
How does the bass control setup work and where can I find it?

juliangst

Just found out that Bass Control is another 500 bucks:facepalm:
I thought it will be free or maybe 100€ upgrade cost BUT 500???

n1rvana

I'm not able to get the code, "BC2023", to work at checkout for the multichannel bundle.

Is anyone else having issues?

Ricwa

Forum Donor
I'm not able to get the code, "BC2023", to work at checkout for the multichannel bundle.

Is anyone else having issues?

The discount code didn’t work for me either. Makes me wonder how they haven’t figured this out yet.

Andry

I wrote them days ago but they have not replied me yet and i doubt they will do at this point...

juliangst

So they not only charge 500€ for Bass Control what was supposed to be free but their discount code doesn't work either.
I'm quite disappointed by Dirac

Flak

Industry Insider
The issue with the 30% discount code has been fixed...

juliangst

On what basis do you state that it was supposed to be free?
I asked about the pricing in this thread a couple of months ago and that was the answer I got:
Dirac live for stereo will include bass control. Now it is 350$

Bass control is less powerful than full spectrum stereo correction in my opinion so I was really surprised to see that it costs $500.
Well, I only have one sub in my setup at the moment anyway. I think it makes more sense to upgrade when I get a few more sub

Top Bottom