• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac for any DAC?

jackenhack

Forum Donor
In ideal situation you will not need to make (large) corrections above 300Hz, in real life this limit will vary, depending on the quality of your speakers and their position. This a an example where some correction was needed up to 4kHz, so that is the point where you aim to set target level:

Here is a good example of where to put the target. Mostly cuts, but some boost as well.

Krunok

Major Contributor
Here is a good example of where to put the target. Mostly cuts, but some boost as well.

And these are the little guys to which this response belongs to:

They are sitting at the working desk attached to the wall so their bass response is a little boosted but uneven. After correction however their response look perfectly well and owner told me they sound really good for their price. :)

P.S. To be clear here: the examples I posted were achieved with correction with rePhase, not in REW. As I said, I do only measurements with REW.
FIR filters created with rePhase were loaded in BruteFIR running on Volumio.

pos

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The only thing I find missing is the button to bypass/activate filters in all banks. But since the author (@pos) is a forum member here we can always hopw he will be adding features to rePhase. ;)
That is part of the new features implemented in the 1.4.0 version, released yesterday: https://rephase.org ;)

Top Bottom