• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac bass control + focusrite

Andry

Hi to everyone,

I'am building a new setup, i would like a 2.2 with dirac live and dirac bass control. I want to use a mini PC I already own connected to a multichannel dac. This dac could be a focusrite 4i4, i can find a one for 190 euros (New). As It have 4 output channels I immagine It can be used in a 2.2 setup. Another option would be the focusrite 18i8. It has 8 line output and also digital inputs such optical and coaxial. I have a projector with a toslink output and i was wondering if i can connect It to the focusrite, in that case i would not need more devices in my setup. Is possible to build a setup like that? Will I experiment delay in the audio using the projector connected in that way? Thank you and sorry for my English.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In a word, yes. I don't know if the Focusrite has a master volume control for all four channels, if not, you could control the volume in software. As for DLBC, you can create a custom 2.2 setup either in the standalone or in the plugin (by adding a line to an apdata file) to accomodate an extra sub. I have an Octo DAC 8, and also a Motu M4. Unfortunately the Motu volume control only controls two of the channels, the other two channels are at full gain at all times, necessitating a master volume control elsewhere in the chain. The Octo, OTOH, will control all the channels with its master volume control, as well as allowing gain adjustment for each individual channel.

The DLBC manual takes you through how to set it all up. The Focusrite will need to be able to accept USB LPCM data streams from your PC.

OP
A

Andry

Thank you, reading the manual seems that only largest models of focusrite permit to set the master volume directly from the device.
I don't know if It Is a good solution or is too complicated.

Top Bottom