• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac and Klipsch are teaming up for headphones...

xykreinov

Forum Donor
Interesting. A shame that it's Klipsch and not another somewhat popular audio brand that genuinely cares about proper engineering more often like JBL, Senheisser, AKG, etc. But, money is money.

boselover61

Interesting. A shame that it's Klipsch and not another somewhat popular audio brand that genuinely cares about proper engineering more often like JBL, Senheisser, AKG, etc. But, money is money.
Klipsch does care about engineering... just not sound engineering

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Active headphones? Seems like a hint in that direction. Very interesting and about time.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't understand your complaint. Why is it 'a shame'? If other 'popular brands' cared about it, why aren't they doing it if it is important? Isn't what you are actually saying is that these other companies that 'care about proper engineering' don't care enough about it to team with Dirac?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Wonder if they are going down a similar route as Nuraphone?

xykreinov

Forum Donor
I don't understand your complaint. Why is it 'a shame'? If other 'popular brands' cared about it, why aren't they doing it if it is important? Isn't what you are actually saying is that these other companies that 'care about proper engineering' don't care enough about it to team with Dirac?
You could be right. Klipsch could have genuine interest in expanding DSP correction in headphones for the sake of it. But, my point was that I'm more leaning towards the notion that sharks at Klipsch and/or Dirac saw the money in the deal and went for it from there. But, I'm biased against Klipsch. There's no reason to assume either.

Top Bottom