• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Diminishing returns in the higher end

mwmkravchenko

Could you name a few brands and models that meet your requirements. I'd like to know since none of us can test every sub to find the real gems out there. Thanks!

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he is set for life.

Time to go fishing.

https://data-bass.com

I designed the better performing drivers for Funk Audio. And they are capable of doing what I mentioned. Josh who owns the website does extensive testing of subwoofers. I know for a fact that Josh knows what he is doing. Look up Funk Audio's subs. Anything that matches the distortion values will be fine.

And unfortunately I get nothing out of this. Nathan Funk liked using my I.P. but not paying for it. The reason why I point to these is the quality of measurement and the wide variety of speakers tested.

The key to the testing is lowest harmonic distortion. Subwoofers that don't sing along with Mitch.

A clean subwoofer should be heard only when there is actually deep bass to be reproduced. Otherwise you should not know if it working or not.

Top Bottom