• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital trash bin

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you get the HD6 it has toslink inputs. And the A2+ has USB. So get any of the other models. That way you can use more devices to do more cleaning.

For USB cables I think the Lush is the only way to go.

I would also include an Intona USB isolation device in the string of USB de-evilizers too. I assume you are going with the Mutec 3+? You'll definitely wish to add the Antelope ISOchrone 10 MX 10 mhz atomic clock.
http://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/10mx/

That way you can provide a really clean accurate clock to the reclocker (Mutec 3+) which fortunately has the input for such a clock. Now you could go with the Mutec Ref 10 clock, but as the Antelope costs nearly twice as much and looks 6x cooler (at least six times cooler) I assume you want that. The Isochrone also has a USB connection for remote software control. You might need another string of USB de-evilizers for that. Never can be too careful.

And I almost forgot Schiit has its own USB de-evilizer. The Schiit Eitr. Probably want one of those in the chain there somewhere. Some people really eat that Schiit up.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
USB cables? The first choice would be Blue Jeans Cable, they are tested and you receive a report.

Wrong. Just wrong!. The Blue Jeans Cable is tested with meters. IT IS NOT designed by EAR. alfe wants top quality sonic performance hear. Not some cold lifeless design by numbers sounding USB cable. alfe is European have some empathy.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Guys feel free to argue.

I plan to buy a self powered Audioengine speakers with Schiit low cost DAC.
I plan also to buy with unlimited budget, a REGEN amber, ISO-REGEN, I galvanic 3.0,WS recovery, MUTEC clock all connected in series and anLPS1 for each, can you advise me for USB cables.

No.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
If you daisy chain multiple USB cleaners together you might want to think about putting stillpoints under them.

This will further reduce noise and bring you closer to ' being there in the room with the musicians ' ..

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
If you daisy chain multiple USB cleaners together you might want to think about putting stillpoints under them.

This will further reduce noise and bring you closer to ' being there in the room with the musicians ' ..

Don't forget USB cable elevators.

I've been in lots of rooms with lots of musicians. It ain't always all it's cracked up to be; sometimes I really want out of the room. :)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
You forget the underpants tweak.

I never forget my underpants..,
IMG_1090.JPG

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't forget USB cable elevators.

I've been in lots of rooms with lots of musicians. It ain't always all it's cracked up to be; sometimes I really want out of the room. :)

I always thought they should be called cablevators. But you could run into problems if someone makes master cablevators and someone slurs the pronunciation. :eek:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you get Stillpoints, you definitely will need these.

m1.jpg

They will create a Sympathetic resonance which will of course be all be good once your Stillpoints have drained out all other resonance.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Jethro1-510x462.jpg

This is a veiled chameleon. If you see those in your system, you definitely want them lifted out. Or at a minimum get a mpingo branch for them to sit upon.

It does gives one pause when you notice some of the colors on the chameleon match almost exactly the color of the CD Stoplight.

AAPCDSTOP.jpg

Last edited:

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning

RB2013

If you get the HD6 it has toslink inputs. And the A2+ has USB. So get any of the other models. That way you can use more devices to do more cleaning.

For USB cables I think the Lush is the only way to go.

I would also include an Intona USB isolation device in the string of USB de-evilizers too. I assume you are going with the Mutec 3+? You'll definitely wish to add the Antelope ISOchrone 10 MX 10 mhz atomic clock.
http://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/10mx/

That way you can provide a really clean accurate clock to the reclocker (Mutec 3+) which fortunately has the input for such a clock. Now you could go with the Mutec Ref 10 clock, but as the Antelope costs nearly twice as much and looks 6x cooler (at least six times cooler) I assume you want that. The Isochrone also has a USB connection for remote software control. You might need another string of USB de-evilizers for that. Never can be too careful.

And I almost forgot Schiit has its own USB de-evilizer. The Schiit Eitr. Probably want one of those in the chain there somewhere. Some people really eat that Schiit up.
SBAFanboys have their equivilent to @Amir - @AtomicBob

Armed with his test bench of analyzers - he posts loads of charts and screenprints showing how 'awesome' that schitty Eitr is:
http://superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/schiit-eitr-preview-thread.4729/page-16

"My measurement queue overflows but I thought I would toss this in for a quick peek.
Setup:
Dell E7470 laptop with USB3 only
dScope soundcard output to Schiit Eitr via WDM driver
Vaunix Lab Brick USB Hub
Audioquest Forest USB cable
Schiit Eitr input to dScope via spdif
Tecnec 75 ohm BNC cable and Tecnec BNC to RCA adapter
44.1 KHz, 24 bit
Noise floor with -40 dBFS 1 KHz sine is below -175 dBFS !!!!: :bow:
index.php

dScope setup (partial, there are many more control panels not in view at the moment)
index.php

Now go and buy it.

atomicbob, Jul 26, 2017

econaut, RakiRaki, insidious meme and 24 others like this."

I'd love to see Amir test this one...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
SBAFanboys have their equivilent to @Amir - @AtomicBob

Armed with his test bench of analyzers - he posts loads of charts and screenprints showing how 'awesome' that schitty Eitr is:
http://superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/schiit-eitr-preview-thread.4729/page-16

"My measurement queue overflows but I thought I would toss this in for a quick peek.
Setup:
Dell E7470 laptop with USB3 only
dScope soundcard output to Schiit Eitr via WDM driver
Vaunix Lab Brick USB Hub
Audioquest Forest USB cable
Schiit Eitr input to dScope via spdif
Tecnec 75 ohm BNC cable and Tecnec BNC to RCA adapter
44.1 KHz, 24 bit
Noise floor with -40 dBFS 1 KHz sine is below -175 dBFS !!!!: :bow:
index.php

dScope setup (partial, there are many more control panels not in view at the moment)
index.php

Now go and buy it.

atomicbob, Jul 26, 2017

econaut, RakiRaki, insidious meme and 24 others like this."

I'd love to see Amir test this one...

Am I missing something here. He is feeding a digital out, going thru the SchiitEitr and digital back in to the dScope. His noise floor is basically that of the white TPDF dither he has applied. Huh? That is not showing you anything other than the Schiit thing probably doesn't mess with the bits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom