• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital Room Correction Device

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
I am looking into a possible room correction component. The functions desired are below.

Analog input and output- unbalanced connections.
At least 96 KHZ sample rate by 24 bits ADC.
Conversion back to analog at least Schiit Modius quality.
Ability to connect to local network to allow headless control via a local webpage from any device on my network.
Use of calibrated microphone to allow for auto or manual room adjustments.

Basically looking to use the pre out of my Luxman integrated to provide the input and the output of the device feeds the amp input. No gain - same output level as input. Because I listen to analog and digital is why I desire analog in and out. Anyone heard of a product capable of this?

OP
Bob from Florida

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
MiniDSP SHD?
Thanks for your suggestion. Way more functionality than needed. Plus uncertainty about the user interface. One thing I don’t like is “bug and play”. If you are familiar with the Volumio webpage interface for their Raspberry pi based music server- that kind of simple intuitive interface is desired.

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
Thanks for your suggestion. Way more functionality than needed. Plus uncertainty about the user interface. One thing I don’t like is “bug and play”. If you are familiar with the Volumio webpage interface for their Raspberry pi based music server- that kind of simple intuitive interface is desired.

The SHD actually uses Volumio for the web GUI.

You could also try a DDRC-24 (https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/ddrc-24) which will give you Dirac. You could use that with any Pi based device that has RCA outputs.

OP
Bob from Florida

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
The SHD actually uses Volumio for the web GUI.

You could also try a DDRC-24 (https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/ddrc-24) which will give you Dirac. You could use that with any Pi based device that has RCA outputs.
The problem I see with the minidsp products is they all appear to need a Windows or Mac computer controlling them via a USB port. What I am looking for is a basic device using webpage connection for control. No software to download or drivers to install. Simply a black box to connect between the preamp out and amplifier in. A modern version of a parametric equalizer with auto adjustment. I have not been able to locate such a device but I bet there is a market for something like it.

tw99

The problem I see with the minidsp products is they all appear to need a Windows or Mac computer controlling them via a USB port. What I am looking for is a basic device using webpage connection for control. No software to download or drivers to install. Simply a black box to connect between the preamp out and amplifier in. A modern version of a parametric equalizer with auto adjustment. I have not been able to locate such a device but I bet there is a market for something like it.

Dspeaker antimode, although that's not popular here due to indifferent technical measurements. It works very well as a fit and forget room correction box however.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
DDRC-24 does only need PC/Mac connection for configuration (xo/peq/delay settings, loading Dirac data).
Then it runs independently and has IR capabilities for preset/source/volume control.
Out of the box, the connection for configuration is USB but It also can be wireless using the WI-DG extension device (plugin still runs on computer).
With this extension, it can also be controlled from an iOS/android application (same capability as IR controls).

Top Bottom