• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital pre-amp with streaming capabilities and digital & analog inputs

santrik

Hey guys,

First time posting here! I've been lurking around since 2017 something and created the account last year I think.

Anyhow! I am looking for advice as there is a jungle out there on the market and the master review index isn't helping me for the moment.

What I have today:

Mains for controlling any sound going to my speakers: Bluesound Node 2. Connected to it is: TV via toslink - two xtz edge a2-300 monoblocks feeding the output signal to a pair of Audiovector Si3's.

I use the Bluesound Node 2 as a volume controller. It works great but as already mentioned in the review of it, as of what I understand from it, there is some noise from the toslink input of the device (the node 2) and I hear it often when I watch tv since it is connected via toslink (only option) and what I hear is small, but audible, cracks and small pops. Often coming from the left channel. I've done all the fault location methods, switching the output from l&r to vice versa - switched the position of the speakers & amps and replaced the cables. My amateur guess is that some TV streams are better and some are worse and hence it comes and goes.

I was just wondering if there is something like the node 2 out there that works in the same way: tidal/spotify connect, digital pre-amp so I can control the sound, input for the TV and well to go all the way, if it exists; an analog input I can use to connect my LP-player with my RIAA-amp to be able to listen to the vinyl collection.

I don't know if I'm asking for to much but here we go! :)

Top Bottom