• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital out : Yamaha wxc50, skysong , Douk U2 - soundreview.

BitPerfect_

Hmm… then the fault is in the Yamaha wxc50 that in AirPlay mode, both as ”player” and as ” pre amp” modifies the sampling frequency to 48 kHz ? Thats bad if its true.
Unfortunately…
WXC-50 will follow the source signal in Player mode for all the inputs except AirPlay.

I think that we have already discussed this here.

Last edited:

remlemasi

3. Douk audio U2 - a chinese USB bridge with xu208 and three different clocks , very small and neat.
I might be wrong, but as I understand it, the Douk Audio U2 has no internal clocks, but the Door Audio U2 Pro does have three internal clocks (you can also choose higher-end clocks, quadrupling the price from ~$50 to >$200, if you order from eBay/aliexpress).

OP
Tangband

Tangband

Major Contributor
I might be wrong, but as I understand it, the Douk Audio U2 has no internal clocks, but the Door Audio U2 Pro does have three internal clocks (you can also choose higher-end clocks, quadrupling the price from ~$50 to >$200, if you order from eBay/aliexpress).
The Douk U2 ( not PRO) has three different clocks, on the left side x1,x2, x3- one for each sample frequency. 8EF257BC-02C1-4834-AF4B-49AB5DF0ED01.jpeg

Last edited:

magicscreen

This is no science test , agree. Just listening for hours and days.

With blind testing bias, I ment that its a risk listening only to the details of the sound instead of the emotions of the music in a blind test situation with quick switches.

Listening long term is ofcourse not free of bias , but it shows up the faults or the benefits when enjoying music while relaxing.
You are very right. Blind test is a wrong method.

Top Bottom