• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital MEMS speaker - Flat frequency response

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
An interesting approach especially for small devices like mobile phones, would like to see some directivity and multitone distortion measurements though.

There was also few older threads about such:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was always a believer that this is the future of audio, thank you for bringing it up to my attention again.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
An interesting approach especially for small devices like mobile phones
I was actually thinking of the 65 inch surface in the middle of my living room. that is surely enough surface area even for the lowest lowest of frequencies.

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't know how it will scale up, but it's very promising for mobile devices. I know 25kHz isn't possible to hear, but it could very well become tiring when blasting directly to the ear when used on headphones, however blocking it passively should be quite easy

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Ufff... at first I thought my hearing went down to under 15 KHz (weren't been on hearing examination for over a year and it whose close to 17 KHz then) as I couldn't hear it in the video, heard a click pop. So I used visual aid the annaliser in JRiver and indeed it's a click pop. More naturally learned message is don't use uncalibrated lower quality microphone because it has lower noise level when you have better one as it cast's shadow on what you want to represent. I do wish them luck as it seems promising.

Top Bottom