• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital Active Speaker External Volume Control?

prestigetone

I realize this has been covered some but I don't see as much recent discussion about it. I am looking into active speakers with a digital input and want to know what units can control the volume digitally, but through a remote or external nob, not the speaker itself or software. The D&D 8c and Genelec have sort of solutions, but I want something I can just control via any remote control and not requiring another computer or interface. Any thoughts?

So far I have found the Lake People 05 and the RME ADI Pro FS, though the latter seems to have some jitter spikes based on the review from here. Any help is appreciated. TIA!

XpanD

Forum Donor
The miniDSP SHD series should be able to do this as well, from what I've found so far. Not sure on compatibility with universal remotes, though.

As for the RME device, which review are you referring to there? I know there's a test on here for the original non-FS model, but the FS models should have significantly better jitter performance. (and even the old ones were likely waaaaay beyond audibility, note the graph scale)

Top Bottom