• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Different sound tuning for different markets / continents for the same product?

Nationalizer

I just saw this old video and I just think it's wrong on so many levels.

If this is a marketing video, it's very bad. NO ESD grounding, opening it on the carpet and not the right soldering tip.

Also, what if I want the ORIGINAL sound? Not to mention all these will MEASURE differently. And I'm sure other brands are doing it.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
What the hell prompted that decision...?

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's BS marketing with some rather unpleasant implications IMO (we have better taste in sound and our ears work better than the inferior tastes and ears of lesser people).

OP
Nationalizer

Nationalizer

It's BS marketing with some rather unpleasant implications IMO (we have better taste in sound and our ears work better than the inferior tastes and ears of lesser people).

I would very much trust the original designers more than two guys not knowing how to use the solder gun.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just saw this old video and I just think it's wrong on so many levels.

If this is a marketing video, it's very bad. NO ESD grounding, opening it on the carpet and not the right soldering tip.

Also, what if I want the ORIGINAL sound? Not to mention all these will MEASURE differently. And I'm sure other brands are doing it.
The comments beneath are even more hilarious than the video itself... Hopefully, few pointed the obvious BS. Love the answer of some:
20190924_185025.jpg

Juhazi

Major Contributor
OMG this is from the official Yamaha Music Europe channel! Makes me to stop buying "Natural Sound" gadgets from Yamaha! But who to trust anymore...

LeftCoastTim

Forum Donor
This Is just the symptom of Yamaha understanding their target market.

100% of audiophiles I’ve met in person were placebophiles.

Manufacturers know that. Some try to fight it. Others join in.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Kevin Voecks from Harman says no:

Top Bottom