• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Different LME47920s In Topping Dx7 Pro

I upgraded my Dx7 Pro with OPA1612 yesterday and found there are 3 different types of 4 LME 47920 op-amps in my Topping Dx7 Pro.

I felt sort of uncomfortable even though I knew it doesn't matter the sound.

However, from the attached pictures, the third one seemed to be used with marks rubbed off and last one is a different package.

Any thoughts?

IMG_3668z.jpg

mansr

Major Contributor
The package variations could simply depend on which plant manufactured them.

I'd be more concerned about the long, thin, high-inductance traces on that break-out PCB. That's not going to do any favours for power delivery to the chip. I would have used the smaller DFN package to avoid the 90° rotation.

Wombat

Master Contributor
The things people worry about. o_O

wric01

Sparkos 3602, your last opamp and end game dac. For golden ears only as only they can hear it, as these audioscience folks here can't hear it as their measurement numbers matter more not your ears.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
For golden ears only as only they can hear it, as these audioscience folks here can't hear it as their measurement numbers matter more not your ears.
It's all in the measurements, just need to look up closely. ;)

Roland68

Major Contributor
Unfortunately there are also fakes of this OPA.
That's why I've only been buying my chips from authorized distributors for years. If an OPA costs significantly less or a fraction of the 1000 price from one of the distributors, where should it come from?
These fakes can often be exposed by measuring individual parameters, often by too high a current consumption.

In recent years the situation has gotten even worse, as not only old, old layouts, used or inferior chips are re-labeled, but also real copies, more or less good, are produced.

Top Bottom