• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Different brand same amp?

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A week or 2 i have read alot more on ASR on class d amps, some i think are basically the same despite different brand

How do we know what amp to buy ? I think if theres a difference we would like to buy the best version, of course there could be a difference in price and what power supply it comes with 24v 4.5 a or mabye 32v 5a, that's just easy to see, what about the differences we can't see before we buy one ?

51vuSHrL2IL._AC_SL1000_[1].jpg
61Dhe0UK2WL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg

51BMBcOmW4L._AC_SL1200_[1].jpg

egellings

Major Contributor
They look more alike than different. Are they similarly priced, or priced for different markets (price ranges)?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Brand doesn't always mean much. Sure look like the same units with cosmetic differences. Reminds me of all the stuff on Amazon with different brands for essentially the same thing.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There's a rich heritage of ringers in audio, just ask Mark Levinson about his Red Rose amplifier.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Duck Audio amazon.de €197.90

AIYIMA D05 amazon.de €130.00 (save 45)

Fosi Audio DA2120C is unnaturally expensive on amazon.de took the price from there website $159.99 (save 40) $160 is €134,56 but could get much much higher do to import taxes and handling fee

Another amp(s) that look alike again aiyima,douksound (nobsound) and fosi audio

How do we know what to buy if the price and power supply size is the same ?

AIYIMA-Mini-TPA3116-Bluetooth-5-0-Power-Amplifiers-100W-HiFi-Sound-Amplificador-Stereo-Home-Audio-Amp.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

619bdFd+74L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

1-1_9a6dda6f-6ac0-4d85-86d6-2dbfe9f19d88_400x.jpg

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I guess you'd really have to peek inside the cases to see 'wut dey put in dem tings'.

You can't do that if there isn't no picture of the inside of the amps

Same amp ?There could be amps that are not the same but look like it, we might not know it if there isn't any pictures or a very minor difference that make a huge difference in sq

2021-07-31 22_28_58-Douk Audio A10 HiFi Bluetooth 5.0 Digital Amplifier OPT_COAX Integrated Po...png

2021-07-31 22_29_32-AIYIMA D05 5.0 Bluetooth Sound Amplifier 120W×2 HIFI 2.1 Channel Digital P...png

Last edited:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I suspect in many cases it is just a case of buying the same cases (is that a pun) from OEM suppliers.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Im considering selling my rotel amp buying a higher tier class d amp, mabye sell my fosi audio amp or return it and selling my 32" monitor and get a 34" with higher resolution

Meaning if i sell my rotel amp i have i could get the 34" monitor but want a bit more power and higher sound quality than my Fosi audio BT20A and with many brand that look a like im wondering how to know what to buy if theres only a little difference in the price and delivery time

Foulchet

There was also a Monoprice tube amp (tested there) vs Cayin HA-1A. I do not remember the thread but even if the case was the same, components were different.
So yes I agree they probably just buy generic cases.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

There was also a Monoprice tube amp (tested there) vs Cayin HA-1A. I do not remember the thread but even if the case was the same, components were different.
So yes I agree they probably just buy generic cases.

Not with the 2 amps in #7 from Aiyima and Douk Audio

Katji

Major Contributor
Components are the same, identical...except when discrete components change because of supplier line [availability and price, same as with any brand and model.
Made in the same factory. Just the face plate and labels per batch. They will do it for you if you order minimum 1000/whatever.
And the SMPS unit may also change with batches. iow, you buy one today and then you buy one like 6 months later, the SMPS things are different brand or different model name.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Same with the Argon sa1 and nad amp1 they are more or less the same amp but theres a huge difference in price

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Components are the same, identical...except when discrete components change because of supplier line [availability and price, same as with any brand and model.
Made in the same factory. Just the face plate and labels per batch. They will do it for you if you order minimum 1000/whatever.
And the SMPS unit may also change with batches. iow, you buy one today and then you buy one like 6 months later, the SMPS things are different brand or different model name.

So how do we seperate bad form good amps, power supplys (both smps and linear power supplys),dac and all that other stuff on amazon and aliexpress that looks the same and basically is the same unit, just with a different name and pricetag ? Or is it just buy the one that is cheapest ?

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I recommend directly contacting the manufacturer about this. Although not necessarily the case, but is difficult and frustrating to deal with for original manufacturer.

Katji

Major Contributor
So how do we seperate bad form good amps, power supplys (both smps and linear power supplys),dac and all that other stuff on amazon and aliexpress that looks the same and basically is the same unit, just with a different name and pricetag ?

How to evaluate good..."good" versus "bad" - or let us just say "better" when they are actually the same? ...?
What differs? - The face plate and the label fonts.

...Or is it just buy the one that is cheapest ?
Of course. Or that and the aesthetic /appearance of the face plate. What else is there?
Otherwise maybe throw dice.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I wouldn't mind if amir would test,review 3 amps that looks the same to see if it's just buy the cheapest or if there a difference in sound quality,power,power supply,warranty

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
No...they are the same.

[power,power supply ]
If you mean the separate item SMPS, it is irrelevant. Unless the cost price of that is different and affects the retail price of the *package* i.e. the amplifier+SMPS.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

power = wattage,how loud they can play and power supply,adapter

Some amps comes with a 24 v power supply and some has a 32 volt power supply, there might even be one that comes with 19 volt instead of 24 or 32 instead of a 24 volt power supply

Katji

Major Contributor
Same with the Argon sa1 and nad amp1 they are more or less the same amp but theres a huge difference in price
I'm not talking about "more or the less the same." In this case (i.e. the amplifier/s you showed in post #1) they are the same, only the face plate and fonts [of labels] are different.
When you understand the China manufacturing situation, and you see those photos of the products, it is obvious.

Top Bottom