• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Didn't know picking locks was so easy

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Google suggested this channel to me a while back and I was surprised how easy this "lock picking lawyer" is able to open any lock. Fascinating videos to watch as if they are puzzles:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
There are lots of videos with various lock picking techniques, including some insanely easy ones to get into most cars. I do not want to post them, however, as car and home theft is high enough as it is around here. Plenty of people willing to take your stuff without paying for it. My wife's boss went for a walk in their nice neighborhood and came back half an hour later to find the place ransacked the night before they were supposed to go on vacation. Police think they were casing the neighborhood and watching for people leaving. Their neighbor's were out for dinner during the same timeframe and their house was also hit through the basement while while their (high-school) kids were playing upstairs! People are scum sometimes.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A few years ago my boss parked her car illegally and flew off on holiday only to realise what she'd done. She called me in a panic to ask if I could drive it to her flat (it was a company car so I was insured to drive it), only problem was her spare keys were in her apartment and I had no lock. I called out a lock smith and despite her door having two locks, one of which was a high end Assa with a very high security rating it took this guy a handful of seconds to open it, leaving no damage. And by the time I went to collect her car it had already been taken to the pound. I paid to get it out to minimise the costs (you pay for each day it is impounded) but by the time everything was done it all cost her the best part of £1000. I did mention that next time she should leave a bit earlier so she could park somewhere sensible....I think she took it well.

Top Bottom