• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did you know…

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just read this from Transparent Audio cable advertising copy,
Transparent Audio writes: "Did you know that upgrading cables and power conditioning in your system can make as much or more of an improvement in your system’s real musicality than upgrading other components like amplifiers and speakers? In fact, improving your audio cabling using our level-matched system approach will more fully reveal any equipment upgrades you may do in the future."

I just didn’t know that and I thought it worth sharing …
Keith

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
More snakes dying for their oil...

JSmith

Master Contributor
1673870112524.jpeg

JSmith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Apropos nothing in particular a poster on another forum wrote this reply to my assertion that loudspeakers were transducers and thus characterised etc etc
’ At what point did measuring well = transparent? More dealer bollox.’

I am going to make that my new signature.
Keith

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like Transparent Audio just makes cables. There's an old saying, if you only own a hammer, every job is a nail.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Geez they could have at least spelt bollocks correctly too... that looks like some kind of hybrid botox for bollocks. o_O

JSmith
I found it amusing but it does all too clearly show the lack of very basic understanding that allows charlatans to flourish.
Keith

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
I find thing like this amusing for the simple reason, you walk into a room full of bling to see zero in the way of acoustic treatment.
Cables and maintainers along with a simple understanding of cables and AC power supply will make short work of any issue.
Money has never been a substitute for thinking and making a decision based on facts not fiction.

I like bling, I just don't like paying for it in the form of BS marketing phrases vs a heavy piece of US BTU burning Aluminum.
I want tangible weight and a product. Not words that sounding almost Shakespearean. I'm a common man. It has to make
sense.

Time to feed the chickens in the rain.

Regards

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Just read this from Transparent Audio cable advertising copy,
Transparent Audio writes: "Did you know that upgrading cables and power conditioning in your system can make as much or more of an improvement in your system’s real musicality than upgrading other components like amplifiers and speakers? In fact, improving your audio cabling using our level-matched system approach will more fully reveal any equipment upgrades you may do in the future."

I just didn’t know that and I thought it worth sharing …
Keith
It’s like wack a mole. You think you addressed one snake oil merchant. Whoop. Here comes another one.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As long as unscrupulous people can reap a small fortune for every snake oil product sold, it will continue.

Top Bottom