• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did you get vaccinated for Covid-19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EB1000

Hi

I was wondering how many of you got the vaccine, how do feel about it's safety, and which brand did you get or going to get?

In my country (Israel), about 50% got vaccinated so far (Pfizer), and it is estimated that 75% of the population here will be vaccinated by end of March.

I did get the first dose, and going tp get the second in two days.

Reactions: trl

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
In Canada, the stats are looking pretty low...:confused:

The cumulative percent of the population who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine in Canada was 2.43%, as of February 6, 2021.

1613599137584.png

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Still doing age 65 and up here where I live in the USA. Have taken some of my relatives to get their first shot last week. They are getting Pfizer. I will get it as soon as it is available. Not very concerned about the safety of it. Some relatives and friends in healthcare have theirs. They reported some mild reactions when they got the 2nd injection. Nothing too bad.

KR500

Moderna last week, going back for the second one in March

BillG

Major Contributor
Our vaccine drive starts next week down here in Aotearoa-New Zealand. From what I recall, though, the general population won't be receiving it until the second half of the year.

BostonJack

Editor
Waiting for Massachusetts to turn on phase 2, second step which would include 65+ (that's me!). Moderna, Pfizer, hell, even Sputnik V; I would take any of them. Mass. gov's reasoning right now is that they want to get a reasonably high percentage of 75+ year olds, as they fear opening up the next cohort would effectively lock a lot of those older people out (by competition at the web browser).

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not yet. Still too young for being in a high risk group and not enough supply by far.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Doing 70 plus and key industries here so nothing for me anytime soon. My mum is 70 with respiratory issues, had dose 1 and got the shivers that one night but fine after that. Not sure which vaccine.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I've had the Pfizer vaccine here in the UK. I'm only 47 but work in face to face contact with the elderly in their homes so was offered the vaccine. No side effects for me.

I'm extremely grateful to have been offered it. General vaccination being rolled out to 65-70 age group this week.

Dimifoot

Forum Donor
2nd dose 12 days ago

Sugarbubble

It is perfectly safe so long as you are not allergic to eggs. No appointment for me yet.

bigx5murf

I tested positive 2 weeks ago. I had diarrhea for 3 days, and was maybe a bit more sore after my workouts. The food poisoning I got on my last visit to China was significantly worst.

My sister gave it to me, she had diarrhea, fatigue, and muscle soreness for a week prior.

My 62 year old mother caught it too. Same symptoms as my sister, recovered in 3 days.

I'm legitimately mad at what the world made covid out to be.

JSmith

Master Contributor
The only type I'm interested in is the mRNA based vaccine type... however this will be the first time such a type of vaccine has ever been used.

JSmith

wwenze

Major Contributor
Honestly I don't even know if I have already gotten it and recovered without symptoms

47 per cent of migrant workers in S'pore dorms have had a Covid-19 infection, say Manpower and Health Ministries

Above is dorms, but key point being 1 third of that number is caught active with PCR, but the other 2/3 is only known retrospectively via serology.
And through Jan to Apr, we still did not wear masks, and 60% of the population use public transport. We didn't even have a lockdown, just "circuit breaker" where many people (including myself) still go to office everyday.
And Singapore is the role model for covid. Pffft.

The global trend is also going downwards... When I say possible herd immunity, it's not just saying everyone has caught it (unlikely), but rather those that can catch it and then recover have already caught it, which may be a small % of the entire population it seems.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

wwenze

Major Contributor
I tested positive 2 weeks ago. I had diarrhea for 3 days, and was maybe a bit more sore after my workouts. The food poisoning I got on my last visit to China was significantly worst.

My sister gave it to me, she had diarrhea, fatigue, and muscle soreness for a week prior.

My 62 year old mother caught it too. Same symptoms as my sister, recovered in 3 days.

To be fair, 2% of infected can die from it. Number is last I recalled, not sure numbers now. Also numbers vary a lot depending on factors i.e. nearly nobody seems to die from it in Singapore.

We do have a case where an old guy died because he believed the government's advice not to wear mask. His children's rant actually made it onto the news.

What I feel uncomfortable with however is, a bigger percentage die from conscription every year (roughly 1 every few years, out of a size of 40,000), yet we are completely happy with continuing that. Call it hypocrisy or double standard or not-my-backyard?

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I tested positive 2 weeks ago. I had diarrhea for 3 days, and was maybe a bit more sore after my workouts. [..]

Go and tell this to the overworked staff in the ICUs. Your personal experience with a number of 3 persons involved is very far from being statistically significant. Good for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom