• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did you get vaccinated for Covid-19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning

chris719

Putting aside the overall issues of politicization and civil religion, there is by definition no data on long term effects.

Some people prefer not to use Version 1.0 of anything.

I would normally expect a bit more rigor from you. You can research what kind of long term side effects have been associated with every vaccine in human history. You can also learn how the immune system functions, how these vaccines are similar or different to previous vaccines, and how coronavirus vaccines have fared in animals (that we have been vaccinating for years).

Saying there is no data on long term effects is literally true, but there is a mountain of evidence on the long term effects of vaccines in general. There is no logical argument as to why we should expect to see long term effects with these particular vaccines compared to any other.

You also have made the common mistake of quoting infection fatality rate as if it's the most important thing. I recommend you look at several of the peer reviewed journal articles that show double digit percentages of long term sequelae in recovered COVID-19 patients, some of which are in those that only had mild/moderate disease.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I would normally expect a bit more rigor from you. You can research what kind of long term side effects have been associated with every vaccine in human history. You can also learn how the immune system functions, how these vaccines are similar or different to previous vaccines, and how coronavirus vaccines have fared in animals (that we have been vaccinating for years).

Saying there is no data on long term effects is literally true, but there is a mountain of evidence on the long term effects of vaccines in general. There is no logical argument as to why we should expect to see long term effects with these particular vaccines compared to any other.

Risk-reward and the definition of unknowns, which are, of course, unknown. I begrudge no-one else making their own decisions based on their own evaluations of the relative risks, nor am I going to publicly state my own decision- just pointing out the calculus and that refusing or accepting the vaccines by individuals may be done for rational reasons.

chris719

My wife and daughter have taken the vaccine, unfortunately daughter got the Pfizzer which is half as effective as promised and apparently only effective against the original China virus, and not the UK, Brazilian, and South African strains.
I'm over fifty and choose not live in fear, my parents are the same, most old people I know don't cower either.
For young people odds of death are negligible.
I support the right of people to live a die the way they choose, and not lick the boot of oppressive governments and their corporate overlords.

It's not half as effective as promised and it does still confer protection against serious disease caused by the known variants.

Is there a better way to display your total ignorance and rejection of fact than by using the pejorative "China Virus"?

Only in the minds of the brainwashed are safe and effective public health measures "oppression".

Wolven

'I support the right of people to live a die the way they choose, and not lick the boot of oppressive governments and their corporate overlords.' Says it all. Good luck

Your response is a typical of someone who cannot think objectively and critically. Cheers

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Guys, can we keep this polite? Thoughts instead of slogans?

LeftCoastTim

Forum Donor
There is so much misinformation already in this thread. Here is an example just a few posts above.

Pfizzer which is half as effective as promised and apparently only effective against the original China virus, and not the UK, Brazilian, and South African strains.

False.

Can the moderators close this thread and delete it? There are plenty of other places for antivaxxers to voice their concerns.

Wolven

It's not half as effective as promised and it does still confer protection against serious disease caused by the known variants.

Is there a better way to display your total ignorance and rejection of fact than by using the pejorative "China Virus"?

Only in the minds of the brainwashed are safe and effective public health measures "oppression".

Viruses are called by their origin. Half effective means not good enough.

chris719

Risk-reward and the definition of unknowns, which are, of course, unknown. I begrudge no-one else making their own decisions based on their own evaluations of the relative risks, nor am I going to publicly state my own decision- just pointing out the calculus and that refusing or accepting the vaccines by individuals may be done for rational reasons.

Understood, but are they really rational if the data shows it's not? It sounds irrational to me at that point. I think any claims that we don't have enough evidence to come to a conclusion are based on a lack of knowledge of that evidence, not a lack of evidence itself.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Understood, but are they really rational if the data shows it's not? It sounds irrational to me at that point. I think any claims that we don't have enough evidence to come to a conclusion are based on a lack of knowledge of that evidence, not a lack of evidence itself.

There's no long term data. Period. That may not worry you, and that's fine, but others may look at that differently and come to different conclusions for themselves.

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm pro vaccines, just don't like to be experimented on.
Really?! 'Experimented on'? Get a grip. Vaccines have been thru' trials. Trials have been speeded up because of the circumstances - so elements of the trials overlapped whereas in 'normal' times they might have taken longer. No one is being 'experimented' on

Wolven

Really?! 'Experimented on'? Get a grip. Vaccines have been thru' trials. Trials have been speeded up because of the circumstances - so elements of the trials overlapped whereas in 'normal' times they might have taken longer. No one is being 'experimented' on

That's not true.
Did you join just to talk about COVID, and now are hiding your head in the sand and screaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom