• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
The new Fireface UCX II is high on my list, I could literally replace all of my DACs/ADCs and headphone amps by just buying this thing.

I currently own their Digiface, and the drivers are just awesome.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes-Topping D70, Purifi Eval 1 amp, Dan Clark Aeon RT, Drop Elex, Topping E30, Drop THX 789, Schitt Freya + (even though he reviewed the Freya I suspected the + would measure very similarly), Buckeye amp, F208's.

anphex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks to Amirs reviews I dodged a 2600€ gear bullet for an amp that didn't fit my needs.
After that I went to Hypex NC400 monoblocks and very recently Topping D30 Pro DAC for USB on PC and optical from TV. The rise in clarity compared to the RCA preouts of my denon AVR 6400 is just ridiculous. I've reached my dream setup now with about -130 db SINAD and 24-bit readyness :D

To give back a little I upgraded to forum donor yesterday, I wonder why it's not showing though.

DWPress

Forum Donor
Yup, my Okto Dac8 Pro, a Topping D10 and my Hypex 4 channel NC252s (purchased before Amir measured the Buckeye build though).

Nothing really left to buy but still like to surf the forums, I'm sure there'll be something eventually.

Phantomuser

Forum Donor
Yes, thanks to Amir I bought
AKG k371
Hidizs S9
Topping A50s and a Puffin digital phono EQ.

Plus ..Sony mhc1 thanks to John Yang .
I am very happy with them all .

Also a Topping Dx5 DAC

Last edited:

Destination: Moon

Not yet but soon..... Replacing my old infinity modulus

Attachments

• 20210708_190647.jpg
    20210708_190647.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 183

anphex

Forum Donor

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't buy the NAD C658 thanks to Amir. The D90, yes and now I'm getting fever and similar boxes will soon be added: Pre
and waiting for some promised mono blocks @JohnYang1997 ?

ad_fletch

Forum Donor
This thread should be interesting for mfrs...

I bought my LG Hi-Fi DAC, Meizu Hifi Pro DAC and JDS Atom as a result of this site. Now eyeing Hypex amp for living room....

PS not just Amir's reviews - @solderdude's excellent headphone data prompted me to buy some Superluxes to see how far I could boost a cheap product with EQ (quite far, as it turns out).

Last edited:

DonM

I purchased the Martin Logan Unison (Paradigm PW Link) based on Amir's review and advice. The resulting room equalization has made a notable improvement to the response of my Altec Valencia's. I measured that new frequency response with HolmImpulse. Thanks Amir!

** If anyone else has also purchased one of those devices and is also grateful, please do not hesitate to "reply".

Last edited:

Destination: Moon

Now those are beautiful stands.

They come with a story. Bought them about 25 years ago. From a very strange and eccentric artist. He lived in a shack, surrounded by all this old marble and cement castings that were relics of ancient torn down buildings. It was strewn everywhere. Stacks 4 feet high that made winding rows you had to walk through to find something you liked. It was all filthy and decrepit. Laying for years in the weather.....Then he'd cast it for you in cement or plaster. I think I paid 30 bucks each for them. We also bought a cement cast of David's Nose.... Really!

faheem

Forum Donor
Topping A90, wasn't only amirm review.

I had my eye on a Violectric originally, emailed them with a question about the unit, didn't hear from them. So went with the A90, based on the review here and that @JohnYang1997 is active here and helpful with any questions about his product.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

JHC

Forum Donor
Yes : Okto 8 Stereo (still in queue for delivery)

After ASR : Cambridge Audio stuff (CXN V2/851N/Edge NQ) / Orchard Audio PecanPi / boXem Arthur 4215/E2 (BTW, this amp is fantastic!)

Top Bottom