• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Teeter

I was looking for a replacement main bookshelf speakers for my 5.1 HT. I had been a JBL fan for several years. Since Amir gave a good review on the JBL Stage A130, and was cost effective, for me back in January, I bought at Crutchfield. The price then, was $179. I played JBL's for 3 months and went back to the Klipsch R-51M. Yesterday, I re-installed the JBL Stage A130, to give them a second chance. I had also replaced my 2015 model Denon AVR with a recent 2020 Model.

Fred H

Forum Donor
Yes. Twice. Pair of JBL Stage A130 with Loxjie A30 in desktop system. Very happy with both.

Brianc

Yes, Topping DX3 Pro and JDS Labs Atom. Both excellent values (Topping bought at significant discount). Just ordered the cheap Sony zx110 on-ears.

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Yes, SMSL SU-9 + SMSL SH-9
2 weeks ago I ordered a Denon AVC-X3700H but it is in backorder at the moment.

Last edited:

XpanD

Forum Donor
I was aware of the Genelec Ones before, but Amir's 8341A review got me to finally take the plunge. Pricy, but I now know exactly what I have. They haven't disappointed me yet!

JohnBooty

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Indeed! Topping DX3 Pro. Been very happy with it.

If I ever splurge on cans again, I'll probably get the Dan Clark Audio Aeon RT that Amir glowingly reviewed.

I probably would have bought a lot more ASR-recommended gear, but by the time Amir started reviewing gear in earnest I was basically already "done" my gear-buying journey with pleasing mid-fi setups in my home, office, and den.

artburda

Based on Amir’s recommendation:
Topping DX3 Pro, Khadas Tone Board, Motu M4
Based on Wolf‘s recommendation: Topping L30
Based on JohnYang‘s recommendation: Sony MH1c

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Years ago I bought some Benchmark AHB2s, and last year I needed some more, and wanted to check they were still making spec. Before I retired I had people to do that for me. Now I had to do it myself, so I looked around the net and found this site. The AHB2s still looked good, so I bought three, in a way because of Amir's review, so yeah.

fun

Yes. Topping L30, E30 and Denon AVR. Very happy with all of them.

Also bought HifiMan Ananda before his review (though it was recommended by a few ASR members). Might not have bought it if his review exist at that time, but I still like the headphone a lot, and have no intention to replace it.

mikolaj

Forum Donor
Yes, bought 3 times so far.
Topping dx7s DAC / preamp / hp amp
Loxjie a30 desktop amp
Focal aria 906 speakers

And decided to get rid of
Bowers & Wilkins 606 s2
Bowers & Wilkins 703 s2

JeffGB

Yes. I purchased JBL Stage a130's, Creative Labs G6, Aiyima a07, Motu M4, and two Schiit Heresy's all after Amir's tests and recommendations.

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
May be.
I.e. Amir will test the Onkyo RZ50 in the coming months.
I will read carefully all the measurements and comments.
After that I will make my own judgement whatever the Panther looks like.
It is a personal choice.

JWAmerica

Not yet. Bought my Fiio Q3 and Audio Technica MSR7B before discovering ASR. I am however planning my stereo amplifier purchases around his reviews. Hoping to see the dual TPA3255 amps reviewed like the BRZHIFI 300W+150W+150W unit in the future.

Top Bottom