• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did Nvidia just kill the game ?

Tks

Major Contributor
AMD will unveil RDNA 2 on October 28, 12pm ET.

Their GPU division is just so incompetent it's not even funny. Oct 28th? You've got to be insane if you're holding out and planning on upgrading not to go Nvidia(3080's launching this week I believe, and behemoth 3090 next week). The only somewhat valid rationale I've seen from people with wanting to go the RTG route for GPU purchase, is the whole "Nvidia is evil tho" excuse (which is laughable, since all corporations would abuse a monopoly if they had the chance regardless of who they are when they play at top echelons of competition in an industry).

They've been failing constantly since the pre-Vega days, and their marketing, along with drivers have been a complete fail if you've been in this news sphere for a few years.

Always playing the catch-up game in virtually all respects aside from MAYBE somtimes the price is a few 10's of dollars favorable (but on paper, when you compare the feature set, it's not even remotely close to a value proposition).

It was easy for AMD to capitalize on the ineptitude and hibernating retards working at Intel. The executive division screwed that company big time, which is why you're seeing so many restructurings and even somewhat recently CEO changes, getting rid of Brian Krzanich (the bored clown that couldn't keep it in his pants).

As for Nvidia, you're not going to see AMD pull the same underdog win from a company who's CEO has said he wakes up daily with the mindset the company will be going backrupt in a few months.

Really a shame, but at least AMD still causes some panic over there at Nvidia to thwart a full blown monopoly.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Latest rumor on performance of AMD RX 6000 series:

Source comes from Igor's LAB...(German youtuber)
Youtube Summary
Original video was translated and discussed on reddit.

If the rumor is true...
we'll get a AMD GPU that's either
- between 3070 and 3080
- a 3080 competitor

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
NVIDIA-RTX3080FE-067.jpg

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Apparently, Nvidia had some untold asterisk as to "2x the performance of the 2080ti".

Edit: I meant the 2080, not the 2080ti.

Last edited:
OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh my... What a mess to order this today...
Buying the FE was supposed to be possible at 3:00pm (UTC+2). I spammed refresh on Nvidia Store from 2:50pm and didn't manage to put anything in my cart. When "order now" finally appeared, it was sold out already...

I ended up by pre-ordering the EVGA 3080 XC3 Black (799€), with no guarantee it will be in stock anytime soon.:facepalm:

At 4:00pm, there wasn't any stock anywhere for any model, and I saw things like this:
Screenshot_2020-09-17-15-06-30-286_com.android.chrome.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Oh my... What a mess to order this today...
Buying the FE was supposed to be possible at 3:00pm (UTC+2). I spammed refresh on Nvidia Store from 2:50pm and didn't manage to put anything in my cart. When "order now" finally appeared, it was sold out already...

I ended up by pre-ordering the EVGA 3080 XC3 Black (799€), with no guarantee it will be in stock anytime soon.:facepalm:

At 4:00pm, there wasn't any stock anywhere for any model, and I saw things like this:View attachment 83362

Just went through the same frustrating experience. Wonder if the 3090 roll-out will be the same.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Isn't loosing faith in Jensen a first step? :D
I mean these guys were aware of limited availability, which is Nvidia's responsibility, and found an opportunity to make money. The faith in humanity can be lost if the cards effectively sell at these prices. Seeing whats happening in front of Apple stores once a year, I fear they will...

Top Bottom