• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Diagonal room setup

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not sure I've seen a discussion here specifically on this subject. I have a multipurpose room where the location of doors and windows makes a typical setup difficult and pretty unworkable with the entry/exit flow of the room. A rough sketch of the speakers and seating are shown below (speakers are front-ported so I've got them pretty close to walls/doors; I may treat surfaces behind them). Since the room is 16' x 20' I have the problem where this diagonal setup creates asymmetry, which I have to live with. Maybe I will try room correction to deal with that.

My real question is more general: is there any inherent problem with a diagonal setup? If the room were square, or if I were to treat walls and/or or add panels to make reflections more symmetrical would diagonals still present a problem?

1579794711643.png

Top Bottom