• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desktop "rack"....

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wife Acceptance Factor plant add-on to easily integrate new speakers into the main room !
Avoid watering (my wife likes plants but has a black thumb, give her a plant & it is going to die). Use a silk plant. Silk ivy is good to hide wiring too, according to my wife. This is when I asked her what happened to the wiring to the air conditioner. OK, it is now within a strand of "faux" ivy. I'm ok with it, she doesn't bother me about my wires once they've been 'ivyed". Then I get to listen in peace.

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
View attachment 190201
Topping Acrylic Rack in use.

Hot tip for less than $7: Speaker Isolation Spike Protectors

IMG_9455.jpg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I see a future of vast amounts of dusting with this type setup.
Is there any other future with any other setup? If so, i want to know.

Last edited:

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there any other future with any other setup? Is so, i want to know.
Something with ventilation, air filters, clear or smoked doors. When not in use, it is not collecting much dust between it's feet or on it's case. Of course, from time to time there will be some dusting (and some pulling the cases apart to use clean, blowing air like with a computer tower (or even a laptop). But not near as much as with things left on open shelves. The same reason that my TT has an acrylic cover. When it is not in immediate use, it is covered.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

quimbo

That's some serious Schitt you've got.
End game for my desktop setup.

I can choose 6 sources for my BiFrost:

USB - Allo UsBridge Sig Streamer
Optical - Cowan Plenue Mk II
4 Coaxial choices using 4x1 SPDIF Digital Audio Switcher
1 - Computer headphone out (for videos, etc) using Analog to Digital Audio Converter
2 - Shanling PCD300B CD Transport
3 - Phone / Tablet (for Podcasts) using Douk Audio USB Converter
4 - Fiio X7 Dap

Total Flexibility. I currently use JBL 308P MKII Monitors, i may upgrade those

Multiple headphone choices including AKG 240 Sextett, Sennheiser 250 Linear, Sennheiser 540 Ref II, DCA Aeon 2 Closed, AKG 550, BeyerDynamic 770

Multiple IEM choices

we have come so far since my introduction using an AM radio and a single ear bud in the mid 60s

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Or you can assemble two stands like these from amazon with double tape or some glue
https://www.amazon.com/FITUEYES-Computer-Monitor-Component-DT103803GC/dp/B079FPT1VX/

View attachment 188148
  • Color: Transparent
  • Material: Glass
  • Size: 15.2" x 9.4" x 3.0"
View attachment 188150

View attachment 188149
Second that - neat (cheap), extendable and little sticky pads keeps it stable (DSP and Zen are offset for the cables). Room to add another tier for a headphone amp later

Attachments

• DSC_0959.JPG
    DSC_0959.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 76

Cincyret

Ok...Here's my rack:
2 - 6" x 12" Glass shelves, 8 - 2" red standoffs, 4 - sorbothane+Felt feet, UV Glue - 7" to top of amp (so 12" x 6" x 7")
From bottom: Minidsp Flex (balanced), Topping EX5, Topping PA5
John
Equipment Rack 1.jpg
Equipment Rack 2.jpg

billymac

+1 for the Topping acrylic rack. Just received mine (took about 2 weeks from Apos). Very pleased with it.

What should I buy to put on the top rack?!

IMG_1354.jpg

Top Bottom