• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desktop monitors without any fatigue (Genelec, Dynaudio, Neumann or Adam)?

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've Always found it frustrating that treble tilts start above the range that seems to cause my ear fatigue. Like with the 8341 the max treble cut only gets you 1db below flat at 4khz. With the 8030 you get nothing below 5khz.
Using these without GLM is like buying a Ferrari but neglecting to buy gas for it.

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry I don't really know any speakers that will truly sound good when pushed very close to the back wall especially in not treated room and you’re near the near field positioning doesn't help either.
So Genelec diagram has you keeping it within 0.6m of the back wall or greater than 2m from it. The reason as far as I can tell is that the SBIR in that case will be above the modal frequency. There is a certain distance range you don’t want be in. So they want you either close to the wall or significantly away from the wall. Anything in the deep bass GLM does a pretty good job of managing for you.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
LS50 vs Ones? I have both. The LS50 collects dust. They are not in the same league. The LS50 has to use DSP to get it bass extension out of that 5” midbass. You can tell if you get even slightly loud.
Correct, the LS50 as a small two way cannot be compared from bass and SPL point of view which changes though if you combine them with a sub. Which ones do you have the old or Meta ones? I subjectively feel there is a significant difference at which level each sounds congested/unclear when turned up (I own both).

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The LS50 wireless versions have boundary settings and sub integration built in with the KEF ‘connect’ app.
The LS50 is without doubt a more complete package with sub but remains surprisingly good without.
Keith

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Correct, the LS50 as a small two way cannot be compared from bass and SPL point of view which changes though if you combine them with a sub. Which ones do you have the old or Meta ones? I subjectively feel there is a significant difference at which level each sounds congested/unclear when turned up (I own both).
I have the older one. Also the newer one but in the box. Haven’t had a need to even open it.

Top Bottom