• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desktop DAC+amplifier to drive the DT 990 250 Ohm (maybe extended to speakers in future)

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I do know how it works, but I had hopes that there would be cheap dedicated devices that take RCA input, generate matching reversed signal, and send across XLR to whatever other device needs balanced input; to be placed before long cable runs / directly behind amp. Thought now that I think deeper about how one could be made, I realized it would probably mean yet another amplifier, so that's pointless anyway...
I guess you could split the signal coming from an RCA jack, into two separate signals, so your sending two weak signals :(

crdhn

I guess you could split the signal coming from an RCA jack, into two separate signals, so your sending two weak signals :(
Hence why I mentioned it would turn into yet another amplifier, to keep the same level of the signal. Just better to get the initial amplifier as balanced unit and be done with it...

Top Bottom