• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desktop DAC+Amp Recommendation

Astray

Hello!

I've been reading through some things on this forum recently after I started looking for a DAC+Amp combo unit to handle my desktop speaker setup (2.1) and maybe a future headphone purchase done the road. My initial research pointed me in the direction of the SMSL AD18 as it had all the features I was looking for at a reasonable price, but then I read into the review of it done by amirm and it didn't perform very well. I was wondering if someone might have a better recommendation for a device with the same features (2.1 output with optional headphone amplification). I don't mind cost as long as there's something that's a good fit, but a lot of the SINAD measurements all seemed to be done with DAC only units and getting a DAC and then Amp will not only be pretty expensive, it'll also take up a lot of space on my desk and the speakers are large enough as it is.

Anyways, thanks for your time!

Top Bottom