• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desktop DAC/AMP, Loxjie A30, Sabaj A4 or Aiyima D03 ?

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,
I would like to replace my desktop DAC and Emotiva Bas-x-A100 amp, that I used as desktop AMP, too many things on the desktop and the AMP consumes a lot of electricity be used as desktop amp these days.

I like the onebox solution for a desktop and I was thiking in a Loxjie A30, sabaj A4 or Aymia D03.
I listen music on headphones (HD 560s) or passive speakers (90dB sensitivity), max 1m distance, so I dont need killer power either.

I know the Loxjie A30 has been measured here and recommended, but I wonder if the Sabaj A4, can be a contender, can not find any measurements on it.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

PurpaSmart

The Dac in the Loxjie is just OK, and the headphone out is only for easy to drive headphones. The Topping DX3+ and the SMSL A300 seem like a great combo. If you are not afraid of trying out unreviewed equipment you can try out the Topping MX3S. It's like the Loxjie A30 but seems to have a way better headphone amp and Dac.

OP
Kegemusha

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Dac in the Loxjie is just OK, and the headphone out is only for easy to drive headphones. The Topping DX3+ and the SMSL A300 seem like a great combo. If you are not afraid of trying out unreviewed equipment you can try out the Topping MX3S. It's like the Loxjie A30 but seems to have a way better headphone amp and Dac.
Thanks, was looking to that one too.

Top Bottom