• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon increases prices for 2022

Vincentponcet

Forum Donor
OP
Oski1997

Oski1997

200 euros on the 3700 in EU.
oh wow, that is incredible. And they even haven't started using the better quality AKM DACs yet. In the UK, the x3700h is $1,750. The x4700h is $3,400. The x6700h is $3650. Incredible. This is reprehensible.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
This increase is peanuts and caused by the global shortage of semiconductor (and other) components which they don't want to pay for fully.

Tagreaders (for train carriages) we have used increased from € 1500.- a piece to almost € 4000 a piece with delivery being delayed 5 months.
Certain processors we need for boards have delivery dates shifted over 6 months and pricehikes that aren't even logical.

Nah... Denon is keeping it lower than I would expect and assume they should have increased prices even more but did not dare.

OP
Oski1997

Oski1997

200 euros on the 3700 in EU.

This increase is peanuts and caused by the global shortage of semiconductor (and other) components which they don't want to pay for fully.

Tagreaders (for train carriages) we have used increased from € 1500.- a piece to almost € 4000 a piece with delivery being delayed 5 months.
Certain processors we need for boards have delivery dates shifted over 6 months and pricehikes that aren't even logical.

Nah... Denon is keeping it lower than I would expect and assume they should have increased prices even more but did not dare.
I wonder why Sound United kept the Marantz prices the same? Is Sound United making Denon customers pay for the increase in prices for their components? I'm new to the AVR world. I'm still learning about all of this. Thanks.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I suspect a lot of manufacturers rather take a (hopefully temporary) loss than scare away customers or loose market share by price increases.
This is quite common practice and not only in audio land at this moment.
Brand name is important.

bh69

Huge increase of Marantz prices (+20-30% - for example PM8006 was 32k CZK, now 40k) during last days in Czech republic. And it looks the similar with OLED TV Sony A83J - from 35k to 42k). It's crazy ... I'm afraid that the inflation spiral is accelerating ..

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Take a look at shipping rates.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder why Sound United kept the Marantz prices the same? Is Sound United making Denon customers pay for the increase in prices for their components? I'm new to the AVR world. I'm still learning about all of this. Thanks.
I've checked several random Marantz AV receivers in our local pricewatch, and they all went up in price since the second half of last year.

OP
Oski1997

Oski1997

I've checked several random Marantz AV receivers in our local pricewatch, and they all went up in price since the second half of last year.
yes, both Denon and Marantz went up in May. But Denon's went up another $100 just last month.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
yes, both Denon and Marantz went up in May. But Denon's went up another $100 just last month.
Also the Marantz products I sampled recently had another price increase.

OP
Oski1997

Oski1997

Also the Marantz products I sampled recently had another price increase.
Did you find that on the Marantz website? Authorized re-sellers can charge whatever they want but I was specifically talking about the Denon and Marantz website in the USA. I think other countries have increased prices though. I'm not sure how they compare to US prices.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you find that on the Marantz website? Authorized re-sellers can charge whatever they want but I was specifically talking about the Denon and Marantz website in the USA. I think other countries have increased prices though. I'm not sure how they compare to US prices.
No, I’ve looked at average prices of basically all relevant online shops in the Netherlands. That says a lot more about what consumers can expect than official prices on the company website.

audio2design

Major Contributor
Is it just my memory going bad or did Denon just increase the prices of their AVRs by $100 for 2022? Marantz prices remained the same. They started using the inferior PCM1502A DAC and now they're charging customers more for less quality sound? wow

I am highly surprised the increase is this small. They must be taking a margin hit or hoping to make it up in market share, good-will, or end of year price reductions. Most companies making electronics products would be thrilled to only have to raise prices 5.4%. I expect their cost increase is quite a bit more. Even building things these days is hard. Our cost are up 30% from January 2020.

hyfynut

oh wow, that is incredible. And they even haven't started using the better quality AKM DACs yet. In the UK, the x3700h is $1,750. The x4700h is $3,400. The x6700h is $3650. Incredible. This is reprehensible.
Let's not be so dramatic.There is nothing reprehensible about a company having to raise it's prices due to higher parts cost. The vast majority of manufactureres are doing this. If Marantz didn't do it this year it's because they've already done it previously. The Marantz 6015 is a great example. As the 6011 it was about $1299 and as the 6015 it's now $1999.

Miker 1102

Forum Donor
Let's not be so dramatic.There is nothing reprehensible about a company having to raise it's prices due to higher parts cost. The vast majority of manufactureres are doing this. If Marantz didn't do it this year it's because they've already done it previously. The Marantz 6015 is a great example. As the 6011 it was about $1299 and as the 6015 it's now $1999.
I bought a really good used 4400. It was a good compromise. I tried several new expensive Maranatz/Onkyo 2.1 hdmi recievers but I did not like them. The 4400 gave me auro. So I feel like I can play around with configuration

wseroyer

Is it just my memory going bad or did Denon just increase the prices of their AVRs by $100 for 2022? Marantz prices remained the same. They started using the inferior PCM1502A DAC and now they're charging customers more for less quality sound? wow

They increased them in the 3rd Q of 2021 $200, then bumped them another $99 this month, I got my x4700h for $1399 from my local dealer in may 2021. Sucks that I didn't get a x6700h I wish I would have, I'm kicking myself over that especially with the price increase.

Top Bottom