• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon Heos Distortion Problem

dualimas

Hey, came across a wierd problem, my Denon 4700 distorts any music I play via Heos, the highs made me think my DBR62s had turned into a B&W ;)
Apparently looking at the 4700 thread Im not the only one encountering this problem. Has anyone found a solution yet, seems to be a software issue.
Thanks

raindance

Major Contributor
@dualimas - it distorts everything? Streaming music such as Spotify/Amazon as well as music from a USB drive as well as music from a DLNA network source? Hopefully you have the "Restorer" feature turned off? Denon automatically selects this feature for HEOS and it boosts the highs.

Last edited:
OP
D

dualimas

i havent tested everything yet, as far as streaming services it appears to be every one, since i use deezer and others reported the same with amazon and tidal .

raindance

Major Contributor
i havent tested everything yet, as far as streaming services it appears to be every one, since i use deezer and others reported the same with amazon and tidal .
Did you turn "restorer" off?

OP
D

dualimas

no, havent touched that, can i change that in the avr?, somehow the heos app doesnt have any settings

Roach666

2 years later on a brand new X4700H, still the same issue. Turning off "restorer" did the trick. Not sure what this is for as this just destroys the signal.

ecruz1986

I just purchased X6700H and was startled by heavy distortion in the highs, especially when a lot of high pitched high volume notes apper, like background chorals, cymbals, and some specific vowels and sibilant sounds.

I found the problem to be solely this "restorer" function which was set to "Low" by default. It is complete rubbish and MUST be turned off!

Top Bottom