• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon HEOS AMP HS2 (not the Link)

RoyRoyRoy

Happy Holidays everyone,

I've searched the forums and the internet, and haven't much about the Denon HEOS AMP HS2. I found things about the "Link", but the only place I found user feedback on the Amp was from the Denon website reviews/comments section: https://www.denon.com/en-ca/product/heos/denon-heos-amp

Does anyone own this?

I just bought a Denon AVR-S660H (being shipped now) to replace my ancient Sony STR-DN1000 so I can get eARC for my new 4K TV. I found the Denon HOES AMP HS2 on Kjiji for $200, and I'm trying to think ahead and get it to replace my large Sony STR-6800SD (36 pounds!) and my Yamaha RX-596 (reviewed on ASR) and access it from the HEOS app as a second zone. I can just buy a turntable phono preamp, and just play music from Amazon Music HD from it. I can also probably safely retire my FM tuners as they're manual and the kids and wife are annoyed they have walk up to the receivers to stop the music instead of talking to Alexa. Let's not talk about the fact that FM from those tuners is super loud, compared to the "Aux In" from Alexa. Constantly have to mess with the volume, especially with the Sony STR-6800SD. It's like always either too loud or too quiet.

My speakers are bookshelves, Yamaha NS-BP200: http://en.all-specs.net/model/699145/

Type ..............................................2-way bass-reflex speaker system Non-magnetic shielding
Type Driver.....................................................12 cm (4-3/4”) cone woofer 3 cm (1”) soft dome tweeter
Impedance................................................................................... 6 Ω
Frequency Response................................. 55 Hz to 28 kHz (-10 dB) 80 kHz (-30 dB)
Nominal Input Power ................................................................40 W
Maximum Input Power............................................................110 W
Sensitivity ............................................................. 85 dB/2.83 V, 1 m
Crossover Frequency .............................................................4.5 kHz
Dimensions (W × H × D) ...............................154 × 274 × 287 mm (6-1/8” × 10-3/4” × 11-1/4”)
Weight................................................................ 3.9 kg (8 lbs. 10 oz)

Last edited:
Top Bottom