• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Barney O'Hara

In November 2023 I bought the 6700 as it was reduced from $4300 cdn to $1899. How can I find out if this is a good one?
thanks,
barney

Barney O'Hara

Yes, l'm enjoying this too and I don't even have a sub or all the speakers. (yet). I'm just freaking out a bit because when I find reviews that have concerns, after I buy it, I kind of panic. I'm hoping I can double check that my unit has all the problems solved.

SharinganUser

Im no expert. Nor did I make this unit, But my understanding is most of the issues were with the 2020 models when this first came out. We literally bought the last models that were made so I'm pretty sure everything has been sorted. I've had my system since you had yours and I'm running it with a sub and nine very power hunger speakers and it's performed like a champ. I think you're okay.

SharinganUser

Haha well they are CRAZY power hungry but are all 4 ohm 86-87 db sensitivity. 9 R Meta series speakers. R6 R3s and R8s

im sure somewhere on this site or even with Denon themselves you can confirm via the serial number - but i am pretty sure anything after a certain date is totally fine and now we are past that date

Palmspar

If i remember correctly the first x700 models had the hdmi bug, the upgraded models work fine with hdmi 2.1

SlaughterX

Thought it was a capacitator issue... but yeah, that was 4 years ago... you and I are both fine. I do have an issue with audio drop outs every now and then, which is strange.

Top Bottom