• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I know that, and for $180 more I do expect it be much better than the $20 app.
Good. Your post sounded like you weren’t sure (… “at launch time”…). Sorry if I misunderstood

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I could trust you, but if I read well, the above post of enricoclaudio tell a differnt story

You can trust specs and bench test results that are verifibale scientifically, or subjectve views such as those offered by other users. Subjective views are obviously subjective..., not measurable or even repeatable once bias is removed, such as by doing dbts Even if shared by the majority of reviewers, subjective measurement are not reliable because of the pschological factors involved, one being "groupthink".

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Good. Your post sounded like you weren’t sure (… “at launch time”…). Sorry if I misunderstood
I watched the videos on the X presented by Jeff (Audyssey), and the Denon guy, Phil Jones iirc, and based on that video presentation, at launch time it did not have the option to eq a channel individually (except the center channel, obviously), and Jeff (Audyssey), did not indicate if that feature would be added, and iirc, he seemed to suggest that eq on per pair basis is the right way. That' was the only part I wasn't sure about whethet the X has included that feature in the current version. So, are you saying that it has that option now?

I am not suggesting that eq'ing on individual channel basis is a good or bad idea, just saying that the $20 app will let you do it if use with Ratbuddysey, and the $200 app could not do it at launch time.

Thanks.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I watched the videos on the X presented by Jeff (Audyssey), and the Denon guy, Phil Jones iirc, and based on that video presentation, at launch time it did not have the option to eq a channel individually (except the center channel, obviously), and Jeff (Audyssey), did not indicate if that feature would be added, and iirc, he seemed to suggest that eq on per pair basis is the right way. That' was the only part I wasn't sure about whethet the X has included that feature in the current version. So, are you saying that it has that option now?

I am not suggesting that eq'ing on individual channel basis is a good or bad idea, just saying that the $20 app will let you do it if use with Ratbuddysey, and the $200 app could not do it at launch time.

Thanks.
Yes. That’s exactly what I am saying and much has changed since the the initial launch and the video didn’t talk about other features now available either.

And I am not arguing with you about Ratbuddessy or prices or whatever. Just wanted to inform for those interested. I will leave you be.

Last edited:

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes. That’s exactly what I am saying and much has changed since the the initial launch and the video didn’t talk about other features now available either.

And I am not arguing with you about Ratbuddessy or prices or whatever. Just wanted to inform for those interested. I will leave you be.

leave me be? That seems a little sensitive... I have never intended to argue with anyone on anything on the apps either. All I said was:

The $200 app at the moment (at launch time, unless it has changed now) can only make changes on per speaker pairs basis, except of course it can do the center channel and the subs too. Ironically, the $20 app is the one that let you work on "individual speaker"

I clearly qualified after what I said "at the moment", with "at launch time, unless it has changed now".. So, you now confirmed yes it has changed and now it can do it on per speaker basis and that's all great and I even thanked you in advance. Again, of course the $200 app can do a more than a $20 app and the $0 Ratbuddyssey. My post was in response to someone who asked about the $20 app., and iirc he did not ask about the $200 app. Fwiw, If I had brought a brand new Denon or Marantz, I would probably go with the X too.

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Thanks.
FWIW, Jeff left Audyssey to join Meta last year. They are continuing to update the app, but speakers are still grouped in pairs as of version 1.5. Release notes here:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
FWIW, Jeff left Audyssey to join Meta last year. They are continuing to update the app, but speakers are still grouped in pairs as of version 1.5. Release notes here:

See checkbox - upper right corner.... Version 1.5.666.0

1680855991978.png

Top Bottom