• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X4700H - New Samsung QLED TV Problems - Please help

anand_srec

Hi,

I just purchased a new Denon 4700H and i am starting to struggle now with the setup. Setting up one source - Cable Box was easy and the Setup assistance took care of it. I wanted to then starting watching Netflix from my TV App.. First day was perfectly fine and when i turn on the TV for the next day and starting to watch netflix i started to see the audio flickering and it first seemed to me like a network issue or a internet connectivity issue. Did the modem, Router restart and turned on to have the same problem again. i started to then isolate the problem one by one

Both Denon 4700 and the Samsung QLED (80 Series) are brand new
HDMI Control is ON
TV Out is connected to eARC HDMI port

1. Added a NVidia Media player to my Denon and then used Netflix - No issues. I had to get the Nvidia from my friend to test it if the audio was a Denon or a TV problem
2. Added New Google TV - No issues.. Google TV dropping internet connection, but i guess thats a google TV issue.
3. I wanted to use Roku Ultra - Facing a problem with ROKU not being able to show up in my Denon. Its working on the TV directly (but having audio lags from the TV to Denon)

I wanted to atleast know why Roku is not showing up in my Denon when i was trying to setup the Media player HDMI using Roku Ultra

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am a newbie to a to Denon as well as a AVR.. All these days i was using Sound bars and now starting to get a hang of a AVR

flyzipper

Just a guess, but I'd ensure the HDMI ports which connect your TV to the AVR are both enabled to support high bandwidth HDMI signaling.

Denon > setup > video > 4K/8K Signal Format > select "8K Enhanced"
Samsung .... not sure, you'll have to look this up.
(theory... the devices that work use limited HDMI bandwidth, therefore the TV and receiver use a limited HDMI signal when those devices are used, but the TV's native Netflix app uses more... for whatever reason... like I said... it's a guess).

OP
A

anand_srec

Just a guess, but I'd ensure the HDMI ports which connect your TV to the AVR are both enabled to support high bandwidth HDMI signaling.

Denon > setup > video > 4K/8K Signal Format > select "8K Enhanced"
Samsung .... not sure, you'll have to look this up.
(theory... the devices that work use limited HDMI bandwidth, therefore the TV and receiver use a limited HDMI signal when those devices are used, but the TV's native Netflix app uses more... for whatever reason... like I said... it's a guess).
Thank you.. will try that to see if that fixes the issue

OP
A

anand_srec

Try email Denon's tech support, see if they offer any good advice.
That's the next thing I was going to do after seeking help in forums to see if anyone else bad faced the same.. thank you

flyzipper

Check the on screen display which shows video input parameters on each device (4K/30Hz/4:4:4... 4K/60Hz/4:2:2... or whatever it may be)... it would show a set of values when it's working, and perhaps a different set of values when it's problematic (check for both AVR and TV).

That won't fix anything, but it might reveal more information about what's happening when you experience issues.

Klint

Hijacking the thread since i see you have a Q80.

I have a noise on my 1 day old QE85Q80 bouth in Sweden.
Tone is pocket change below 1kHz and drives me crazy.
Anything you or anyone else have noticed?

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have just upgraded my TV to a Samsung QN85A. My e-ARC to my Yamaha rx-a2a AVR doesn't work properly either. I have to set the ARC output format to PCM rather than auto for TV sourced audio (eg terrestrial or apps) that are not PCM, as the format negotiation between the two does not seem to work. Samsung seem to have a lot of e-ARC problems. The TV at least syncs a lot better to the AVR based HDMI sources than the old one.

Top Bottom