• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X4700 Amp Assign Confusion

kevin1969

I just got this receiver and I absolutely love it but I'm extremely confused on the Amp Assign feature.

I'm only using it in stereo mode for the main and zone 2. (analog input). I'm just confused as to what the most optimal amp assign configuration would be.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
May not fully understand what you mean by "optimal amp configuration"?
Your just doing basic 2-channel stereo audio.

OP
K

kevin1969

May not fully understand what you mean by "optimal amp configuration"?
Your just doing basic 2-channel stereo audio.

I actually figured it out. It was confusing because you would think that there would be an amp assign option that would just say stereo but I realized you just select none for the channels you're not using.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I actually figured it out. It was confusing because you would think that there would be an amp assign option that would just say stereo but I realized you just select none for the channels you're not using.
Your receiver might have a "Pure" audio setting, bypasses some of the receivers internal processing.

OP
K

kevin1969

Your receiver might have a "Pure" audio setting, bypasses some of the receivers internal processing.

It does. The room correction does make a difference though. On my old NAD I didn't think the room calibration did much of anything but this version of Audessy seems to.

Top Bottom