• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X3700H output voltage in preamp mode

HTDIY

I want to pair the Denon X3700 with two Buckeye amps, in preamp mode with the internal amps disconnected for all channels. I will use the following Buckeye amps, 4 channel 502MP and 8 channel 252MP.

Question: does the Denon have sufficient output voltage to fully utilize these amps?

Amir, in his review, stated the output voltage nosedives above 1.4 volts. Is this enough voltage to effectively drive the amps? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any info

Drengur

Forum Donor
You should perhaps check this thread. Perhaps someone has posed a similar question there. You could also try and contact @Buckeye Amps directly for a good answer.

Do you think you will be driving your speakers to such levels that you would have to go beyond 1,4 volts?

OP
H

HTDIY

You should perhaps check this thread. Perhaps someone has posed a similar question there. You could also try and contact @Buckeye Amps directly for a good answer.

Do you think you will be driving your speakers to such levels that you would have to go beyond 1,4 volts?
After reading Amir’s review closer, it sounds like the 1.4 volt limit is when the AVR is using the internal amp. It looks like it’s not an issue when the amp is disabled in preamp mode.

Also, I think you have a good point that I most likely will not be driving it beyond the 1.4 volt level anyways

Top Bottom