• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

redstang

New firmware update bricked my unit, yeah!!!!

Thanks for posting - I will be sure to NOT apply any firmware updates then - at least for now. Do you know the firmware version it was trying to apply? Has anyone else successfully applied that one?

redstang

I have not had any issues updating my Denon 4700 receiver. The last update was April 21, 2021:
https://translate.google.com/transl.../support/AVR-X4700Hupdate&prev=search&pto=aue

The only common denominator I see in the reported situations is both receivers came from A4L? o_O

Actually no, he said the 2nd one was new.

And how on earth did you find that on there? Every time I search Denon's site and/or google I come up with bupkis. I assume the x3700h has it's own firmware version numbers so was looking for mine.

<edit>
I got mine new from Amazon mid April. I just looked and it had been set to auto update the firmware automatically this entire time, so I wondered if it applied that 4/21 update successfully. Did the 'check for update' and yes, there's an update available, so it would seem the auto update wasn't actually working. I don't have the volume issue that was resolved with the first firmware update so I assume mine came with that already installed, but it sure would be nice to see a firmware version history for the X3700H.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting to go to the Japanese site for actual information but then the US site has a lot of issues I think....

redstang

Interesting to go to the Japanese site for actual information but then the US site has a lot of issues I think....

The support site is... weak. I searched for X3700H - NOTHING. You have to search specifically for AVR-X3700H to get anything at all, or use the filter drop down. There's just the one post about the June 2020 firmware update causing issues. Do they tell you what the version # of that was? No, of course not.

Xcel

If they would just allow firmware update via USB, I think we could solve the issue

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I prefer without the audissey equalization. With I find that it's too flat, no dynamism it's normal?

You are not the only one. May be take a look of what can be done with the $20 App first before you give up on it.

The rise in LF response between 200 and 20 Hz is what you need if you don't enjoy flat bass.:D
(2) Audyssey Room EQ Review | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

1623701916988.png

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes i bought it

I will test it like in the picture

Good job!. By the way, if you want better results, you can try Ratbuddyssey that you can download for free. With Rat, you just type in the frequency anchor points and the cuts/boosts, and you will get more precise results. Try to focus on cuts and once its all done, you can then increase the sub level trims a little to compensate for it. Boosts don't work very well especially to the room mode related dips but it depends so no harm to try, just don't boost more than a couple dB and it the results go the wrong way, back off. Also, ignore my comments if you are not going to use REW to check the results. Those Audyssey generated graphs don't show the actual results, just expected, projected, or estimated results.

Bear123

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes i bought it

I will test it like in the picture

I'd work on fixing the null at 45 Hz by moving one of your subs, or adding a 2nd if you only have one. No way eq is *actually* fixing that hole and leaving any headroom. Keep in mind however, that the key to fixing your response with a 2nd sub is with proper placement which likely won't be symmetrical front stage placement.

I would also try limiting correction to 3-400 Hz so that you don't muck up the overall sound of your speakers. However, pulling down the huge boost in response above 7KHz might actually help things? Engage DEQ *after* room correction and *before* turning your sub up to taste. Adjust subwoofer level up after DEQ, IMO.

Last edited:

smashedpumpkin

Does anyone know when the next gen of models will be available? I'm thinking a good deal maybe available for the X3700H once the x8xx lines are released.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are the X3700's even available at any price now?

Top Bottom