• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

DonR

Major Contributor
Yeah. All I saw is that a mod says "PM me", then bans someone. How random. What if the dude hasn't been online?? Why not PM him? I didn't see any rules broken.
On his first post he provided retail links and indicated that he was a retailer. He broke the rules out of the gate. If he is legit, he will be back.

On his first post he provided retail links and indicated that he was a retailer. He broke the rules out of the gate. If he is legit, he will be back.
It's interesting how differently something can be viewed. I saw someone appear to copy and paste an email notification someone received from a dealer, basically all the text after afraid.... It's quite clear they are not offering products to people here and didn't present themself as a dealer. The "Let me know what you would like us to do" at the end is a key clue that this is a received message being shared.
---------------------------
djnata said:
Bad news I', afraid ...

Denon have just informed us that, due to ongoing parts shortages - they have discontinued the AVC-X3700H effective immediately.
If you wish, I can process a refund for you. Or, If you want to swap your order to a Yamaha, we can do that too:

https://www.hifihut.ie/products/yamaha-rx-a2a-aventage-7-2-channel-av-receiver
https://www.hifihut.ie/products/yamaha-rx-a4a-aventage-7-2-channel-av-receiver

Unfortunately, we do not have definitive lead times on the Yamaha products, but it may still be better to get your name in the queue.
Let me know what you would like us to do.

Best regards,
Terry

:(

delta76

Major Contributor
1659456237308.png

So another person shared this on fb. Well, internet at its finest.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Has he been reinstated yet?
Just unbanned account. I didn’t see a direct response to my inquiries about his information being legit. He was initially banned for spaming the forum. First post was reported as inaccurate, misleading and potentially attempting to drive customer traffic to an outside site. We get these types all the time and we delete and ban them on sight. In this specific case apparently I jumped the gun. My apologies to @djnata .

ABall

Forum Donor
Hi folks, been trying to get through all these pages then decided to just get the 3700. Its been very informative but I do have a couple of questions, Ive been trying to find out if is worth buying the app for android if i dont have a SUB? I already purchased a UMIK-1 and ive downloaded REW plus RAT but this is going to be a massive learning curve, ive had an Onkyo txnr709 for over 11 years and its still going but its time to upgrade. I have 3 different sets of speakers but none have ever been measured so I may play around with placement using REW, Im running 7 channels. My brain is going into overload looking at how all this new stuff (to me) is used, YouTube is getting hit obviously, I hope to swap the amps out on Saturday afternoon so would appreciate any tips to get me started on the right foot and avoid wasting precious time. Ive never been able to listen to music on the 709 so ive always had dedicated 2 channel equipment but thats all gone, Im busting to see if the Denon plus room EQ is going to get me back into music.

Many thanks.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hi folks, been trying to get through all these pages then decided to just get the 3700. Its been very informative but I do have a couple of questions, Ive been trying to find out if is worth buying the app for android if i dont have a SUB? I already purchased a UMIK-1 and ive downloaded REW plus RAT but this is going to be a massive learning curve, ive had an Onkyo txnr709 for over 11 years and its still going but its time to upgrade. I have 3 different sets of speakers but none have ever been measured so I may play around with placement using REW, Im running 7 channels. My brain is going into overload looking at how all this new stuff (to me) is used, YouTube is getting hit obviously, I hope to swap the amps out on Saturday afternoon so would appreciate any tips to get me started on the right foot and avoid wasting precious time. Ive never been able to listen to music on the 709 so ive always had dedicated 2 channel equipment but thats all gone, Im busting to see if the Denon plus room EQ is going to get me back into music.

Many thanks.
The Audyssey App is a bargain at $20 bucks. It can be easy to use and adjust. It will also permit deeper learning and refining of the calibration. Useable and valuable at all levels of complexity. Just my humble opinion.

ABall

Forum Donor
The Audyssey App is a bargain at $20 bucks. It can be easy to use and adjust. It will also permit deeper learning and refining of the calibration. Useable and valuable at all levels of complexity. Just my humble opinion.
Cheers, yeah its just all the complaints about using it on a phone, I have fat fingers and no tablet, although ive seen an android emulator mentioned. Can anyone confirm its fine on a laptop to plot a straight line? Not sure how thats going to work so more reading, probably get the app anyway.

GalZohar

Cheers, yeah its just all the complaints about using it on a phone, I have fat fingers and no tablet, although ive seen an android emulator mentioned. Can anyone confirm its fine on a laptop to plot a straight line? Not sure how thats going to work so more reading, probably get the app anyway.
Supposedly RAT solves that part. But while experimenting with simple curves and limiting to bass frequencies only - fat fingers may suffice.

Guenselmann

You can also connect a bluetooth mouse to your phone and edit the curve that way. Much easier for me than finger and no laptop required.

ABall

Forum Donor
You can also connect a bluetooth mouse to your phone and edit the curve that way. Much easier for me than finger and no laptop required.
Thanks ive seen that mentioned but didn't get much love, that evens out the opinion.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Only the curve editor is trouble on a phone. If you don't use the curve editor though you won't have any issues. I don't use the curve editor and I still find the app invaluable. I can save a whole bunch of different profiles and load them at any time, and it allows me to set a cut off frequency, which is a feature I use with my current system.

ABall

Forum Donor
Ive purchased, cant wait to set the 3700 up, should be a substantial upgrade to my old 709.

Has anyone who purchased the PC software noticed there is now a Denon calibrated MIC available, its 79 dollars and Amazon.com is shipping it to the UK.

delta76

Major Contributor

Many thanks.
I would suggest to setup your speakers first (i.e. put them in positions, connect to the AVR), then plug in the included microphone and start the calibration process. No need to dive into UMIK-1 + REW right away. You might eventually go that route, but at first start simple :)

ABall

Forum Donor
I would suggest to setup your speakers first (i.e. put them in positions, connect to the AVR), then plug in the included microphone and start the calibration process. No need to dive into UMIK-1 + REW right away. You might eventually go that route, but at first start simple :)
I really want to do this as im keen to listen to the system but I am very tempted to see which pair of speakers are best for FL/FR now that I can control the bass, I have Club27 Kurts up front, Tannoy XT6F's for surrounds and IPL S2TLK CD3 for SB's, I recently upgraded the front to a Monolith THX-365C. The Kurts are the only ones that provide a balanced sound in my room for music but I miss the bass at low volume the other 2 provide.

ABall

Forum Donor
Thinking of using the 3700 in preamp mode for longevity reasons, looking at a seven channel amp with these specs but its not measured the same way Amirm does as far I understand, could anyone confirm its not worse than the 3700? Input Sensitivity is a nice 1.2V.

THD+N from the amplifier was less than 0.002% at 1 kHz when driving 2.83 volts into an 8-ohm load. Crosstalk at 1 kHz driving 2.83 volts into an 8-ohm load was –109.73 dB left to right and –104.01 dB right to left. The signal-to-noise ratio with 2.83 volts driving an 8-ohm load from 10 Hz to 24 kHz with "A" weighting was –112.67 dBrA.
perfomance7x 160 watts (continuous power)
7x 180 watts (maximum power at 0.1 THD)
7x 385 watts @ 4 ohms (IHF power)
signal-to-noise ratio> 118db (160 watts)
> 96db (1 watt)

delta76

Major Contributor
Why do you concern about longevity? Because of heat? You can simply add a fan or two. Or aircom if you feel luxurious. Or just a stereo amp for front speakers, because they are the ones drawing most power.

As long as you keep avr cool i would not worry about longevity

ABall

Forum Donor
Why do you concern about longevity? Because of heat? You can simply add a fan or two. Or aircom if you feel luxurious. Or just a stereo amp for front speakers, because they are the ones drawing most power.

As long as you keep avr cool i would not worry about longevity
The amp has been offered at a bargain price, its not £22 like the AC Infinity recommended here but its less than one third of new. Its time sensitive so I need to make a decision. I was planning on building a stereo NC400 but the cost isnt much different. I dont want to buy it just because its a good price though, it has to be as good if not better specs than the 3700.

Top Bottom