• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

At the moment, I think these long wait times are typical. Hopefully, it won't require parts that are in short supply but these days it's all board swaps anyhow. They really should have paid your shipping costs though.
It should be roughly 2-4 hours to diagnose and swap a board. Official repair facilities, especially given how few there are, should have a stock of typical boards and turn these warranty repairs in a day or two. I would understand a longer duration of a week or so if component level troubleshooting and replacements were occurring like in the 70's.

DonR

Major Contributor
It should be roughly 2-4 hours to diagnose and swap a board. Official repair facilities, especially given how few there are, should have a stock of typical boards and turn these warranty repairs in a day or two. I would understand a longer duration of a week or so if component level troubleshooting and replacements were occurring like in the 70's.
You are probably stuck in a queue. 1 of 100 and only 1 tech showed up for work this week. :confused:

amper42

Major Contributor
It took 2 months to get my 4500 repaired. They said it was because HDMI boards were on back order. However, I never had an issue with the HDMI. Instead the height channels crackled. The HDMI boards are the most common Denon repair - so I'm told. When the 4500 came back there were new scratches on every side of the case and the front door was bent and would not close. Screws were rattling inside the case. I took pictures and sent them to the repair shop. After 8 weeks of waiting, only to see them destroy the receiver I was pissed. They sent a return shipping label. Waited another 2 weeks for them to tell me they could not fix it. They gave me a number to call to ask Denon to send a replacement. After waiting on hold for an hour, someone finally answered and said they were shipping me a new unit. When it arrived it was a refurb. Not exactly the kind of service I was hopping for. I called several local shops to see if they do Denon repairs. They indicated Denon will no longer sell them parts as a result of the Sound United acquisition cost cutting changes. If your Denon breaks - its a long road getting it fixed. If you think it's a weeks wait - I have some land in Florida I would like to sell you. :Do_O:facepalm:

Sorry to hear about your story amper. Mine was broken for 2 weeks before I shipped it, so I'm already at a month. Week 1 I waited for Denon to reply to a service ticket I submitted which never happened. Week 2 I called and finally learned I needed to ship it out and couldn't do it until Saturday. I didn't actually expect it to be a week for the repair, but there really isn't a reason it shouldn't be as was standard practice not so long ago. Even if their reliability was poor and 30-40 failed AVR's were coming in per week for board swaps, what would they need like 3-4 technicians? That type of cost is really in the noise from a cost standpoint, unless the CEO needs that extra few $k per week at the expense of customer satisfaction. I mean at what point did this become acceptable?

amper42

Major Contributor
Denon receivers for the most part are pretty reliable. Keeping them cool with well placed fans has helped me stay away from a repeat performance at Denon Warranty Service hell. It's not unusual to see warranty service repairs take 2 to 3 months. Personally, I think they do it on purpose so customers think about buying another receiver while waiting. And it works. I came across several other warranty customers who didn't want to wait 2-3 months so they bought something else.

But that wasn't enough. Sound United effectively doubled AVR prices in the last 2 years before dumping the Denon brand on Masimo Corp shareholders for Billions in April 2022. Masimo stock has collapsed to 1/3 of it's former price and it's hard to see what's in Denon's future. Multi-national Corporate greed has killed this once great company. Where service use to be available in most neighborhoods - they shut that down and limit service to only a few mail in locations. I would love to see Denon come out of this mess stronger but I don't see it. I keep getting emails from them about how great HEOS is but they can't even integrate Qobuz compatibility after years of saying it was on the way. :D

Home theatre as we know it with AVR's is coming from the rubble of bankrupt companies who are trying to reorganize. It's not a very pretty picture for AVR enthusiasts.

DonR

Major Contributor
I wonder if this is quickly becoming an existential event for Denon.

amper42

Major Contributor
Bad news I', afraid ...

Denon have just informed us that, due to ongoing parts shortages - they have discontinued the AVC-X3700H effective immediately.
If you wish, I can process a refund for you. Or, If you want to swap your order to a Yamaha, we can do that too:

https://www.hifihut.ie/products/yamaha-rx-a2a-aventage-7-2-channel-av-receiver
https://www.hifihut.ie/products/yamaha-rx-a4a-aventage-7-2-channel-av-receiver

Unfortunately, we do not have definitive lead times on the Yamaha products, but it may still be better to get your name in the queue.
Let me know what you would like us to do.

Best regards,
Terry

:(

Lots of Denon 3700 units for sale:

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Bad news I', afraid ...

Denon have just informed us that, due to ongoing parts shortages - they have discontinued the AVC-X3700H effective immediately.
If you wish, I can process a refund for you. Or, If you want to swap your order to a Yamaha, we can do that too:

Unfortunately, we do not have definitive lead times on the Yamaha products, but it may still be better to get your name in the queue.

Best regards,
Terry

If you are a dealer or distributor i kindly ask that you send a PM directly to me detailing your scope of membership and your relationship to any commercial audio dealers. Thank you for your assistance. You can PM me here: @AdamG247

delta76

Major Contributor
I wonder if this is quickly becoming an existential event for Denon.
I'm getting skeptical. new account. first post is about x3700h getting discontinued immediately, which is questionable, because it's still in stock everywhere, and there is no replacement one. no official announcement from Denon either.

The links posted are from a reputable Ireland retailer, however.

AdamG

Forum Donor
I'm getting skeptical. new account. first post is about x3700h getting discontinued immediately, which is questionable, because it's still in stock everywhere, and there is no replacement one. no official announcement from Denon either.

We will give benefit of the doubt until he has opportunity to pm. Time zones and all. No harm so far.

DonR

Major Contributor

yes, somewhat suspect. maybe Denon is only discontinuing to him. :)

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Bad news I', afraid ...

Best regards,
Terry

Who is “us”?

delta76

Major Contributor
Got same news from another poster on FB. From north ireland also. So i suspect denon might have told retailers that no more x3700h is coming. Once they are out of stock, that's it.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Got same news from another poster on FB. From north ireland also. So i suspect denon might have told retailers that no more x3700h is coming. Once they are out of stock, that's it.
Are you now saying that djnata’s earlier post was legit? Right now his account was banned for not replying to the request for a PM conversation. I can reinstate his account if you are now confirming his report of no more stock?

delta76

Major Contributor
I was trying to gather more information. Hope to buy x3700h/x4700h this BF so it is quite a bummer.

I asked him to share screenshot. Will post here once I get it.

X3700h is still in stock in many retailers in mainland Europe though. Hope to get an official announcement soon

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you now saying that djnata’s earlier post was legit? Right now his account was banned for not replying to the request for a PM conversation. I can reinstate his account if you are now confirming his report of no more stock?
Wait, what? Am I missing something? Why was he banned?

Wait, what? Am I missing something? Why was he banned?
I wondered the same. Apparently they didn't provide evidence to defend their post within the unpublished timeline requirement allotted by the moderator.

For all we know this person walked 30 miles uphill in the rain and spent their last dime at an Internet cafe to send this critical Denon 3700 message to us.

I'm quite disturbed a contributor to our scientific endeavor would be treated in this manner.

Top Bottom